In the Future: 1988

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Anyone remember this: back in the sixties or so, when "The Environment" was the big thing, there was a TV program that simulated a future news cast from 1988. The news showed widespread drought, hurricanes and fires, all brought on by urban sprawl and lack of attention to environmental issues.

Kind of reminded by that when watching the news: fires in SoCal, drought in the southeast, flooding in the south, etc.

Remember whan 1984 was supposed to have a police state with an ongoing war and a designated enemy to hate.

I Guess that came true too ?

Forest fires in SoCal - what a surprise!

What will be next snow in Minnesota,

or darkness at night,

or a big, bright, hot thing in the sky in the morning?

Why don't we hear of such fires in other parts of the world? Could it be that they allowed natural burns in their forests to burn off the dead wood? They don't have expensive homes built in vulernable areas? They don't have major news bureaus in the areas?

Remember whan 1984 was supposed to have a police state with an ongoing war and a designated enemy to hate.

I Guess that came true too ?

Ongoing war and designated enemy to hate. Two outa three ain't bad.

And remember the orgasmatron from the movie Sleeper? They're on sale for under $100 on amazon.com! :)

And remember the orgasmatron from the movie Sleeper? They're on sale for under $100 on amazon.com! :)

Made me think of the evil organ of desire sexual torture machine from Barbarella. Oh Jane. Oh Jane Oh. Druther think of her than Woody....

Doctor Discovers the 'Orgasmatron'

ABC News: Doctor Discovers the 'Orgasmatron'

"When we turned on the power in this case, she let out a moan and began hyperventilating," Meloy said on ABC News' Good Morning America. "Of course we cut the power and I looked around the drapes and asked her what was going on. Once she caught her breath, she said 'you're gonna have to teach my husband how to do that!' "

Back
Top Bottom