Another Reason The Internet Is Better Than TV

Danny

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I just got rid of Dish, so I now only have locals. Wanted to watch the Demo debate tonight, but no local coverage! Weren't TV stations supposed to provide stuff like this to help inform the citizens, in exchange for use of the airwaves? Just MSNBC. Wife went out to internet and got the live feed watching it right now - just like TV we are in our twin barcoloungers with the laptop on the table between us - very novel! No commercials.

Yeah, just like the phone, ipod and PDA are getting folded into one; the TV and computer will be merged.

The way technology has changed in the last 20 years - it won't be long before I get my TV through the internet.

I thought Chris Dodds was impressive in the debate..he could have been given more time...I'm not so impressive with Edwards, Clinton & Obama lately...

"In a lighter moment, Ohio Rep. Dennis Kucinich confirmed an account in actress Shirley MacLaine's book that he saw a UFO while at her home in Washington state.
"More people in this country have seen UFOs than I think approve of George Bush's presidency," he said."

Another Reason The Internet Is Better Than TV Reply to Thread

I just got rid of my cable, mostly b/c I found myself spending too much time flipping through channels and watching stupid shows with no value (anything on Bravo), so I"m getting no TV at all anymore (no local broadcast channels either)

I got an Apple TV which allows me to download video casts of the NBC nightly news and Meet the Press, then wirelessly sync those to the Apple box near the tv where I can watch em when I want - as well as listen to music, see pictures, audio podcasts and so on.

My biggest problem has been the wireless connection. I didn't buy an Apple router, but a Linksys, cuz it was cheaper and I thought they'd work the same way. It's buggy and a poor product. Lesson learned.

But in any case, I don't miss having regular TV at all after a month. I'd like to watch the Daily Show every once in a while, but it'll have to be just clips from their website.

once they fully convert from analog to digital, you will be able to click on a logo on your screen and order a pizza, barbie or whatever...almost like charlie and the chocolate factory...waiting for smell-a-vision...

once they fully convert from analog to digital, you will be able to click on a logo on your screen and order a pizza, barbie or whatever...almost like charlie and the chocolate factory...waiting for smell-a-vision...
:LOL:...especially when watching the cooking shows!

Get WinTV for your laptop and you can watch TV on it also.

Thanks....so you plug an antenna into it....good reception?

It comes with an antenna and you can plug it into you cable system - works very good.

Back
Top Bottom