Hollywood Writers Striking, So There Won't Be Any Crap Written For A While

Oh, good... reruns during sweeps month.

Hey, if the writers are any good at persuading people to agree with their point of view, then why do they have to go on strike?

And a crapload of reality TV shows, which I loathe.

Oh, good... reruns during sweeps month.

Hey, if the writers are any good at persuading people to agree with their point of view, then why do they have to go on strike?
...and what about fortune-tellers having to tell other peoples fortunes.. :confused:

Reason #154 for simply not watching TV.

Eh, I have about 300 hours of stuff to watch on the tivo. They can take a nice long time off before working it out.

Like it matters. All that ever comes out of these guys is another cop show, lawyer show, doctor show show about a bunch of stupid people trying to win money, or a fat guy with a diet book trying to tell people why their lives stink.

Really interesting stuff gets progressively diluted in order to not be overly complicated for someone who has only a passing interest in watching it, so whadda ya need writers for?

And a crapload of reality TV shows, which I loathe.

This is what one morning DJ was saying why the strike will not work... these reality shows do not have writers and they make a boat load of money and don't cost much...

SO, more dancing, singing, geeks, bands, bachelor, etc. etc. etc....

Now, I do like the Amazing Race and would like to see more.... but I think the others will win out....

I remember one of the previous strikes, it was kind of funny. Dave lttrman was sitting there and had nothing to say. He was just chit chatting with his bald music guy side kick...

My other favorite strike was when the technicians had a strike. The weather guy had a felt board out w/ a map of southern cali on it and used whipped cream to show the marine layer coming in! hilarious.

Kinda funny how the feds sent in a mediator super fast. How dare those writers slow down the brainwashing of America!

Bread and Circus, to pacify the citizenry...low-cost, low-quality, high-availability food and entertainment that have become the sole concern of the People, to the exclusion of matters that some consider more important: e.g. the Arts, public works projects, human rights, or democracy itself. The phrase is commonly used to refer to short-term government palliatives offered in place of a solution for significant, long-term problems. (Wikipedia)

Back
Top Bottom