Opportunity missed in Tampa

LeatherneckPA

Recycles dryer sheets
Dagnabbit!!!

I just realized as I was logging back on that I missed an opportunity to finally meet one or two of you. I just returned from three weeks of assisting my mother and gather with adjusting to life as an amputee. Mom (70 yr old diabetic) just lost one leg up to the knee. Dad (77, 2 strokes and 1 heart attack, uses a walker) could not have handled it alone.

So anyway, I was in the Tampa FL area and it never occurred to me to put out a shout here and see if anyone wanted to step out from behind their mask of anonymity. Since I like to ride so much I could have easily taken a day to ride anywhere from Jax to Miami.

Bummer! Oh well, maybe next spring, when both DW and I go down again for a visit.

Ithrnckpa,

Forgiven. You had a lot on your mind. Hope your mother is doing better. An amputation is a tough adjustment at any time, but I would imagine it is very difficult for a 70 year old. I hope your parents have some assistance in the area.

I'm guessing "Rich_in_Tampa", our resident physician, lives in Tampa but I'm not sure.

2Cor521

Sandy, thanks. They're both pretty set in their ways. He yells at her because she's not eating correctly to heal and manage her diabetes. She yells at him for trying to do too much around the house and then causing himself angina. No, they don't have any local assistance. Friends are all around their age, and pretty fragile too. But she's able to get from her bed to her wheel chair, to her recliner, and to her handicapped toilet with little or no assistance from him. And if he paces himself he doesn't wear down until after 9pm. My brother, Tom, relieved me and will stay for another week or so. He says they are functioning well. They'll manage, for now. But I think I'm going to look into something down there called "Comfort Keepers". I'd like to have an independent person check in with them from time to time.

Rich I'll keep that in mind, I hope. I'm thinking about making a trip down there around President's Day in February to check on them and get a break from the PA winter. Load one of the motorcycles in the bed of the truck and bring MY OWN hand tools with me to do minor work for them while I'm there. But I'm sure Cindy and I will both be looking for some time away as well.

Rich I'll keep that in mind, I hope. I'm thinking about making a trip down there around President's Day in February to check on them and get a break from the PA winter. Load one of the motorcycles in the bed of the truck and bring MY OWN hand tools with me to do minor work for them while I'm there. But I'm sure Cindy and I will both be looking for some time away as well.

Too bad I sold my bike last year (a K1200LT beemer). I could have shown you both of Florida's hills.

I'll be spending feburary in upstate New york trying to escape the florida winters .(or because my first grandchild is being born then )

There is more than one :confused:

We have things here we call the foothills, which are little hills at the base of our mountains. I think the smallest foothilll here is about 50 feet higher than the highest point in FL ;-)

2Cor521

Back
Top Bottom