Iowa Thinks I Owe $72K in Child Support

MikeD

Full time employment: Posting here.
For the last 4 years they have sent me an annual letter telling me to pay up immediately. Only trouble is, I've never been to Iowa, don't have any kids, they have my middle name and social security number wrong. I've sent them a photocopy of my driver's license to prove it. Other states have picked up on it too. They have threatened to confiscate my IRS tax return and now I cannot renew my car registration in IA. I live in Va. I correspond with them by mail each year and they promise it is all cleared up but it keeps happening.

The IRS has said that unless they have my SS and middle name right they can't affect my tax return.

It's sort of funny after a while except some kid is short $72K on child support payments.

Mike D.

Last edited:
For the last 4 years they have sent me an annual letter telling me to pay up immediately. Only trouble is, I've never been to Iowa, don't have any kids, they have my middle name and social security number wrong.

Mere details! Where some Mom is asserting that her kids need support, your selfish quibbles will get you no slack. Are you sure you have never been a sperm donor?

I suggest you keep a bag packed, and prepare a hideout in the woods. :)

Ha

It's not him. It is a different Mike. They just have the wrong address. Hum, there are a lot of Mikes on this forum, aren't there. >:D

Mike, you seem to be tollerating this well. Were it happening to me I'd be freaking out by now. Four YEARS!! Yikes. I'm getting agravated just thinking about it. If you or I were to make a mistake of this magnitude where the state were concerned I'm sure the repercussions would be dire. They torment us with impunity it seems. I better go take a pill or something.

Nah. Been there twice. I just drove faster. Nebraska wasnt much better. Cows to the left of me...soy to the right...

Stuck in the middle with you.

Do you believe in karma? If so, track that poor kid down, and write him a check for 72 grand.

;)

Back
Top Bottom