Black Friday

steve88

Recycles dryer sheets
Who is going? How many hostages are you taking with you? Who is supplying the 2 way radio?

I have never gone shopping on the day after Thanksgiving and never will. I hate shopping and don't even want to see major throngs.

2 veterans reporting for duty, SIR !! Our mission begins at oh-four-hundred and will continue until all objectives are met. Details to follow a thorough investigation of the online ads

We camp over Thanksgiving each year at a beach that has been rated as one of the best in the nation.

Empty sand dunes (no buildings in sight), few people, great beach walking, sunrises, and sunsets; beautiful stars/milkyway; and lots of relaxation. Wouldn't trade it for a 7 am mall rush for any kind of a deal.

It's more like Black Wed for me. Thanksgiving eve my stepdaughters and I head out to the stores, they are practically deserted, all the specials are on the shelves and ready for the big day, most times we can talk them into giving us the deals that night, sometimes we get an extra discount because the 4 of us have so much fun with the staff. It was a great bonding thing for the girls and I when I married dh. I also know everyone is going to get something they want for Christmas. It started out to help me buy gifts for the grandkids, they're all grown and in college now but we still get together to shop, it's a nice tradition for us women and a night out without the guys.

We won't be shopping at all! With any luck, we'll be in southern Missouri scoping out some retirement locations. So yes, we'll be spending money but it will be on food and lodging.

I am more of a "Cyber Monday" type, myself.

cmon guys where is the spirit here? Lots of free stuff for the ER and not a bad days work for an hour or 2 shopping but the wait is the ***@$.

I still don't get the point? Life is too short to deal with big crowds in order to shop.

Brewer is right, I'm doing it all online.

I will be away that day so no shopping for me but I have been known to hit the stores on Black Friday .

Our tradition includes a hike in the desert on the Friday after T-day. With, of course, turkey sandwiches for lunch.

The only "sale" item that I might consider buying on the day after is a frozen turkey, and the grocery stores are usually pretty quiet. Otherwise, there is nothing that will provoke me to wade through Black Friday's manic crowds.

I have never gone shopping on the day after Thanksgiving and never will. I hate shopping and don't even want to see major throngs.

i had to open this thread just to know what black friday is. (i thought maybe stocks were taking another dive.)

i agree 110% with donheff. isn't that the day that the newscasts send helicopters to show pictures of mall parking lots?

participating in that would be like watching on tv a major accident on the interstate, leaving your house, getting into the car, and purposely driving onto the interstate so that you can sit in traffic.

i must be a little slow because this is beyond my comprehension.

The news media continue to call it the busiest shopping day of the year, although that day in fact falls on a weekend day one or two weeks before Christmas.

Already did my Black Friday shopping. Saw someone's post here about a laptop special at Walmart...$348 Acer. Went to black-friday.net/ad/ and checked it out. Ad said it was amd, but turned out to be intel-celeron. Only time I ever did the 5 am wait outside the store so I could "run" for an item...it was a laptop.

BTW, Walmart asked to be removed from black-friday.net/ad/. May be a coincidence, but lots of the same computer I got wound up on e-bay on the same day as the "sale"...and Walmart is no longer permitting its ads to show up on the site...hmmm.

Who did I hijack? Well, I was going to lunch with three friends and I asked if we could leave 30 min early so we could stop by Walmart. Nice friends, said OK. My Walmart had the laptop as an "in store special, unadvertised" item. They still had 3 when I got there at 11:30.:D

i had to open this thread just to know what black friday is. (i thought maybe stocks were taking another dive.)
I opened this thread when no one had responded and didn't know which direction it was supposed to go...so I exited and waited for a post or two to show up to know if it was a doomday or shopping thread.:2funny:

What he said.

Hate shopping
Hate crowds
Hate holiday schlock

cmon guys where is the spirit here? Lots of free stuff for the ER and not a bad days work for an hour or 2 shopping but the wait is the ***@$.
My spirit will probably be surfing its butt off from Thursday morning through Sunday afternoon. I've been reprieved of turkey-chef duty. We got invited to a neighbor's T-day dinner party so all we have to do is cook dessert-- yahoo!

You go ahead without us, good buddy, and don't worry, we'll be thinking about you among the seething crush of humanity standing in line...

Never been tempted. Last year I did everything online. Very peaceful. This year, we already have our gifts and don't need anything else.

Oops..........I thought you said major THONGS.........that would be worth fighting the crowds for..........:D

I'll probably be staying home watching the kids while DW goes out. She has this amazing ability to get up at 4 am when she wants to. She's reported the stores really aren't that bad during the "early bird" time period, when all the good specials are anyway. The crowds really get bad about 10, by that time she's done and on her way home.

I want to get a laptop....but I don't want to stand in line for it.
Can I get it before hand and then go in for a price adjustment?

One of our local stores is having a T-giving day sale that I might pop into since they have a TV that I have been considering....I have heard stories of locals on the day after sales and say no thanks....

Originally Posted by donheff

:D:D:D
Me too Lazy. I felt dumb and Googled it - that is why I explained what it is in my post - to help out all of the others ignorant of shopping terms.

Back
Top Bottom