Good Day at w*rk today, but....

FIYes

Full time employment: Posting here.
Hi---

I have been lurker for some time and decided to jump in and say hello. Today was my first day back at work for 2008. It was a good day, but I was surprised at a couple of folks who volunteered "Hey, I was ready to come back to work today!" Well, not me---While the day was fine, I must admit that I am looking forward to retirement and would have been happy to not have to come back for more days (or ever). I have a couple of years to go so that day is still in the future for me. My plan is to retire at 55---so that is not super early but certainly better than traditional retirement age.

I felt the same way, my job is okay, but I'd still rather call my time my own!
Just keep savoring how that will feel and it will make the time pass by (at least I hope so, because I've got 10 years to go)!
What I hate is the endless chatter and play-by-play of people's holiday. I just can't start off the first day back in the office with that much conversation. Pretty grumpy, really!

Welcome. I am also aiming to RE at 55, and still have a few years to go. Returning to w*rk was hard - tired and wanting to be elsewhere. We look forward to your contributions.

Hang in there FIY! I think there are a bunch of people that feel the way you do. I am one. I've got a shade over 5 years to go.

It's funny...many times when I am away from work and doing something I enjoy, my mind will flash with the thought of not being "at that place", and how happy I am enjoying myself, (savouring the moment).

In reality...We are lucky. Many people cannot afford to retire. And the luckiest are the ones that already have!

IWhat I hate is the endless chatter and play-by-play of people's holiday. I just can't start off the first day back in the office with that much conversation. Pretty grumpy, really!
Sarah, I'm with you on this one. And co-workers asking, "What did you get for Christmas?" OMG.

Coach

Back
Top Bottom