Vick - The Big House Leavenworth Kansas

Wags

Full time employment: Posting here.
Mr. Vick is now a resident of the Big House in Leavenworth Kansas

ESPN - Vick enters drug treatment program at Kansas prison - NFL

Maybe the poor devil will be re·ha·bil·i·tat·ed and after his stint in the Big House he can once again become a productive member of society.

America is the land of 2nd chances and with that being said this poor devil is in need of forgiveness.

GOD BLESS:angel:

Mr. Vick is now a resident of the Big House in Leavenworth Kansas

ESPN - Vick enters drug treatment program at Kansas prison - NFL

Maybe the poor devil will be re·ha·bil·i·tat·ed and after his stint in the Big House he can once again become a productive member of society.

America is the land of 2nd chances and with that being said this poor devil is in need of forgiveness.

Punching that inmate ticket----Odds are he will also find God.

I agree. I'm an animal lover and rescue person so was naturally interested in this story. I see no good in continuing to bash the man - only the deeds. There was actually a positive side to this story. People are now much more aware of how horrible dog fighting is. Also, people are begining to understand that not all pit bulls are bad. I see lots of pits who end up dumped at the shelter. Most of them are sweet dogs. The mean ones got that way from abuse.

I agree. I'm an animal lover and rescue person so was naturally interested in this story. I see no good in continuing to bash the man - only the deeds. There was actually a positive side to this story. People are now much more aware of how horrible dog fighting is. Also, people are begining to understand that not all pit bulls are bad. I see lots of pits who end up dumped at the shelter. Most of them are sweet dogs. The mean ones got that way from abuse.

Money can buy you a fine dog, but only love can make him wag his tail.
Kinky Friedman :angel:

.... Also, people are begining to understand that not all pit bulls are bad. I see lots of pits who end up dumped at the shelter. Most of them are sweet dogs. The mean ones got that way from abuse.

I tend to agree with you in principle. OTOH, when i ran off a mother/son pair of pits it was distressing to get bit by both of them, the mother did a bit of damage with just a glancing bite and the teen son didn't have the will and knowledge to clamp down on my ankle - it still left a nice tooth pattern around my ankle and lots of lasting bruising. Kind of the same as making automatic weapons,grenades,and rocket launchers difficult to own - the vast majority of gun owners are safe and sane and don't go on shooting sprees. If they did though, they do less damage with one-shot-per-pull firearms than rocket launchers. Pit bulls are capable of more damage than Pomeranians. BTW - cop shot the female when it went for a kid in the alley, the younger dog is still on a rope in the driveway of the dog's owner. Doubt it is learning better habits.

Last edited:
I'm very sorry to hear you went through this. It must have been terrifying, not to mention potentially deadly. You are correct in that pits are capable of more damage than many other breeds. However, other powerful dogs are also capable of inflicting serious injury. The problem is the owners of these dogs. In the situation you described, those dogs should not have been out running around the neighborhood. Sadly, many (but not all) pit bull owners don't get them fixed, don't care for them properly, and don't view them as family pets. I have seen many of these unfortunate creatures end up at the shelter and have heard some horrifying stories from our animal control officers about how they are abused. Because of this, we are launching an educational campaign and are working on raising funds to get pit bulls, and other "macho breeds" spayed and neutered for free if the family can't afford it.

Owners who inadequately care for pets should be fined silly...

Owners who intentionally abuse a dog, to create a "guard dog", should be chopped into kibbles, and fed to the aforementioned dog...

:bat::bat::bat:

Owners who inadequately care for pets should be fined silly...

Owners who intentionally abuse a dog, to create a "guard dog", should be chopped into kibbles, and fed to the aforementioned dog...

:bat::bat::bat:
You got my vote on that one HFWR, so what's your tax plan??:D

You got my vote on that one HFWR, so what's your tax plan??:D

I'm afraid taxes will need to be increased, to pay for [-]defense boondoggles[/-] a strong military, [-]kickbacks to contributors[/-] targeted growth initiatives, and [-]bridges to nowhere[/-] infrastructure improvement...

Back
Top Bottom