Presidential Candidate Calculator

tangomonster

Full time employment: Posting here.
Check this out:

http://www.vajoe.com/candidate_calculator.html

It's a calculator that asks you how you feel about different issues like illegal immigrants and the Iraq War and universal health care and then tells you which candidate is closest to you on all those issues combined.

I have a 89% match with Mike Gravel, a former Alaska Senator. Great! Just my luck---somone who is not a viable candidate!
18.gif

Noticably absent from the issue list was Tax Cuts - seems odd?

Since I am undecided, I took the test. Results were surprising to me.

76.9% match with Giuliani, Huckabee, and Romney

66.6% match with Clinton:eek::rolleyes:, Obama (I must not be paying attention to what he's been saying) and Thompson

A couple of those candidates give me indigestion, and gees, I thought McCain would be in there somewhere...guess it must be that amnesty/border thing.

Anyone else surprised with their results?

I was pretty surprised. I too scored high with Gravel, and don't know the first thing about him.

I was pretty surprised. I too scored high with Gravel, and don't know the first thing about him.

Same here, I don't know who he is and had no idea he was a candidate. I voted "No" on just about everything, I would have thought that would lead to "Dr. No", aka Ron Paul...hmm, interesting.

McCain and Giulani for me. Which was exactly my gut level 1st and 2nd choices at the beginning of the campaing.

Well....... I regret that this "calculator" got posted. It seems that the candidate that I chose as the one I dislike the most in the concurrent survey thread is the one this calculator says I am most in synch with on issues. Now I need to pour a glass of Jameson's and settle down in my chair by the window and think about this for a while......... I dislike the person I most agree with on issues..... very disturbing. If it was summer, I'd go for a long paddle.

Last edited:
Well....... I regret that this "calculator" got posted. It seems that the candidate that I choose as the one I dislike the most in the concurrent survey thread is the one this calculator says I am most in synch with on issues. Now I need to pour a glass of Jameson's and settle down in my chair by the window and think about this for a while......... I dislike the person I most agree with on issues..... very disturbing. If it was summer, I'd go for a long paddle.

:2funny: Sorry, I got a chuckle out of your post.

Very interesting calculator.

Like youbet, there is not a whole lot of correlation between who I like personally and who I agree with on the issues.

My only political theory is that the most likable major party candidate will win the Presidency. Issues don't matter; it's essentially senior class president writ large.

2Cor521

Gravel as well, 89% match. Who the heck is he? He can't be important, as I haven't seen a single smear advertisement against him yet :)

Kucinich also for 89%, then Biden for 82%.

Great! Once again voting for the ones who will never get elected in a million years. You know, the ones who really want to implement change..

Interestingly, on the side, it shows the top choices. Gravel for 14%, followed by Giulliani for 11%. I wonder if that is an interesting sampling issue of who surfs the net.

Imagine if the voting system worked like this instead of a popularity contest, and who had the most money for campaigning/PR?

Back
Top Bottom