"Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles -Thumbs Up or Down?

Twinkle Toes

Recycles dryer sheets
OK, I admit it, I'm a Terminator fan, but I wasn't sure how good the television series was going to be. I read some previews that said if you hadn't seen any of the Terminator films, you might be lost...but hoped that viewers would give the series a chance. I decided to watch the two night series premier, not really expecting to be impressed. The character who plays Sarah was spot on to me. I thought the teenage terminator was going to be a dud, but I liked her too. I'm not a big TV fan, but I think I'm going to enjoy this show.

So...did you guys like it, or was it a big yawn?

I thought they would screw it up. But it was pretty good. Not sure where they are going to go with it. Just fighting terminators every week is going to get old quick. It will be tough keeping it engaging.

I saw the first episode, pretty decent. More or less a one hour terminator movie with no dramatic ending that has to be undone in the next sequel.

At least its not all people I've never seen before. The female terminator is Summer Glau, who played River on Firefly.

Parts were ok, but it's a bit frustrating to see what a terrible shot this terminator is. Can't even hit the kid sitting in a classroom, and doesn't have sense to move closer since he hasn't been detected. And then he walks slowly after Connor, unless he's in a car and then he nearly matches the car's speed. If they're just going to show a bunch of near misses like that, it's going to get real old real fast. I only watched the first night, wasn't excited about it enough to see the second night.

Oh yeah, and if the kid does get killed, it's a dream.

The storyline itself showed some promise, if I hear it got a lot better I may catch up on it. I wanted to like it.

Parts were ok, but it's a bit frustrating to see what a terrible shot this terminator is. Can't even hit the kid sitting in a classroom, and doesn't have sense to move closer since he hasn't been detected. And then he walks slowly after Connor, unless he's in a car and then he nearly matches the car's speed. If they're just going to show a bunch of near misses like that, it's going to get real old real fast. I only watched the first night, wasn't excited about it enough to see the second night.

Oh yeah, and if the kid does get killed, it's a dream.

The storyline itself showed some promise, if I hear it got a lot better I may catch up on it. I wanted to like it.
If you watched the Terminator movies, they were the same way with the shooting and running...but better shooting or faster running would have made for a short movie.:D

I wasn't all that jazzed after the first tv program either, but I tuned in to see the second one anyway. It was a lot better. In T2, they blew up the company that made skylab and the scientest who was working on it. In the 2nd show the teen terminator tells them that someone else continued to develop skylab...they time travel from 2002 to 2007 to try to stop the development of skylab. Sarah also learned that she would have died in 2005...of cancer. At the end of the 2nd show, Sarah is shown going into the oncology department of a hospital while John and the teen terminator (can't remember her name, but she was a hoot...adjusting to human reactions) enroll in highschool.

The pace was pretty fast, but I, like you, think it's going to be hard to keep the story going. But then there's 24 that takes a whole season for one 24 hour period to pass!

I found myself really into the second show and disappointed when it ended. I think that I wanted a conclusion...like a movie. I'm pretty fickle when it comes to loyalty to any TV program and I really have to like a show to go to the trouble of arranging my schedule to watch it, but this one looks interesting. The only other shows I try not to miss are The Closer and Saving Grace.

Last edited:
I believe that the show has a very good chance of succeeding. "The Fugitive" story line has been a proven gambit that has stood the test of time because the "chase" need only take up a small portion of each episode -- with a new "back story" for each show -- stretching out the story indefinitely without losing tension. That the antagonist is seemingly an indestructible robot (cyborg?) instead of a "one-armed guy" is a nice "modernization." The cinch, of course, is the two actors playing the female leads; their acting skills are very impressive.

Ron

I liked it, but recorded it and watch it on my own, DW can only take so much SciFi, add some time travel and she is gone.

Jeb

I saw a bit of it but might wait until on DVD....didnt realize that was the "firefly chick"

Thumbs up.

Fun show so far, we'll see where it goes from here. I'm a fan of Summer Glau and Firefly (and if you've never seen Firefly, you really should rent/buy the DVDs), so that's a plus.

I agree with Tiger... cute women... and I put up with bad Star Trek shows since I liked them (well, mostly)...

the basic theme of "living-on-the-run" is a no brainer winner. new characters, new scene, new town, new looks... can be easily inserted from one episode to another.

love the girl eventhough she's not that good looking.

enuff

can't wait for the next one.

OK, I admit it, I'm a Terminator fan

Thank you. :)

I watched both episodes and liked them. I thought it was quite good for a TV show and definitely more worthwhile than most of the junk shows on which they waste slots.

My only minor complaint is I don't think the female terminator is believable. I know she's a robot and all, but having an anorexic girl flipping people through walls is just hard to believe.

I think you have to do a little suspension of reality to watch almost any tv show...otherwise they wouldnt be interesting to watch ;)

I thought the second show was better than the first one too. I am a terminator fan (ARNOLD!) and enjoyed the movies.

ALso a Firefly fan. I hope the show continues to improve. Some good SiFi is on TV now. I also like Dr. Who and Torchwood, and even Eureka.

I predict that the young girl cyborg has been programmed to dynamically acquire human traits and emotions and will fall in love with John Connor.

Sarah's remarks about "Tin Man" set the stage for the finding of a heart and being a TV show the romance between the two young stars seems like a no brainer.

It seems like a good show, but I am worried that I will get sick of the constant chasing around, the same as I got sick of constantly trying to save the world in 24.

I liked Torchwood better, except for the last episode which seemed hoaky with the big creature/demon.

At the risk of diverting the topic or offending the uptight, did anyone like "The Book of Daniel" that was run off of NBC last season? I thought that it was pretty funny.

Thank you. :)

My only minor complaint is I don't think the female terminator is believable. I know she's a robot and all, but having an anorexic girl flipping people through walls is just hard to believe.
Well, terminator, I might be a fan of yours if you happen to be ARNIE. If you are Arnie, I greatly enjoy your movies, but you need to focus on CA instead of posting on this board.:cool:

Gees Louise, didn't you see T3...that female terminator in the red catsuit beat the sh*t out of Arnie. I especially liked the part in the second show where the teen terminator was "learning" how to look tough and cool leaning against the car beside the street-smart chic.

I predict that the young girl cyborg has been programmed to dynamically acquire human traits and emotions and will fall in love with John Connor.

Sarah's remarks about "Tin Man" set the stage for the finding of a heart and being a TV show the romance between the two young stars seems like a no brainer.

It seems like a good show, but I am worried that I will get sick of the constant chasing around, the same as I got sick of constantly trying to save the world in 24.
Hmmm, Arnie learned to understand love in T2, so maybe...but that would be a turn off for me...all that teenage angst...ewwww:duh:

I know what you mean about 24, same here. I did mention that I'm a fickle fan, didn't I. Basically, I don't like having to arrange my schedule so I can catch a TV show. But for now, I'll tune in.

Tivo, man...
Nope! Once you start that, where does it end? I'm only half kidding. I'd Tivo all of the Sunday morning talk shows...plus the stuff I might be interested in when DH is watching TV (we have another set if I really want to see something on a different channel). We have east coast and west coast plus local if we happen to be where we get local reception. In the end, I'd spend too many hours watching TV. This keeps my life simple...if it's important to me, make time for it...if it's not that important, do something that is.:D

Eh, there some truth in that. Being able to sit down and have 400 hours of exactly what you want to watch on tv can have its challenges.

But I like having it all on my timetable and being able to stop and start it to suit interruptions. Thats nice. Plus commercials are a thing of the past.

On the other hand, it makes you slightly socially retarded. People start using lines out of commercials and you have absolutely no idea what they're talking about.

By the time I knew what "Whassssuuuuuup!" meant, it was too late.

Eh, there some truth in that. Being able to sit down and have 400 hours of exactly what you want to watch on tv can have its challenges.

But I like having it all on my timetable and being able to stop and start it to suit interruptions. Thats nice. Plus commercials are a thing of the past.

On the other hand, it makes you slightly socially retarded. People start using lines out of commercials and you have absolutely no idea what they're talking about.

By the time I knew what "Whassssuuuuuup!" meant, it was too late.
Most of my friends watch less TV than I do, so I don't have to worry about them thinking I'm slightly retarded for that reason, but I will watch half-time for the super and pro bowls to see what the ad men come up with. Some are quite amusing.

I enjoyed the first two shows, but something about them seemed to move a little slow. Will continue to watch with the idea the shows will keep getting better. I like the story line.
I wonder how many of these were finished before the writers strike.

Back
Top Bottom