More stats?

cute fuzzy bunny

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I noticed that the 'stats' on the portal page used to have a 'more stats' link, but now the link is no longer. Its passed on. No more. Ceased to be. Expired and gone to meet its maker. Stiff. Bereft of life. Rests in peace. Pushing up the daisies. Metabolic processes are history. Off the twig. Kicked the bucket. Shuffled off the mortal coil. Run down the curtain. Joined the choir invisible.

It is an ex-link.

Any chance of getting it back to Pining For The Fjords status?

All sorts of things. Most visited and posted to posts, threads, posts, users per day, that sort of thing.

Standard vbulletin feature. Although there are more advanced add-ins that allow queries, that level of granularity is usually more interesting to board operators.

I will install some better stats packages that you are referring to soon after I make an announcement about a big site moving off our servers, another web server being added, switching from lighttpd to apache and some other infrastructure changes. Those stat packages can be a bit intensive so I'd rather wait until "that site" is move off the servers.

Sorry if its a big deal...it used to work and there was a link there to it, and then the link just went poof.

Was it pulled off to reduce load? Cuz while it was interesting to look at, it wasnt crucial...I just figured someone did some editing and accidentally whacked the link.

No, it was not pulled off to reduce load but I can't recall removing it. I will take a look after dinner (it's 8:00 pm here) and post to let you know. I vaguely recall installing a stat package and removing it for some reason. Regardless, I will get something installed as a solution soon. If you want you can check out vBulletin.org Forum - The Official vBulletin Resource! and look at the various features that are available to be added. Once "this other site" is moved off our servers and we get upgraded, we can start to add features that you all think would be useful. (please note, it would be great if the features you look at on vBulletin.org are for version 3.7 as we will be moving to that soon). Sometimes there is a lag while developer port their products to the next version. I hear after 3.7 the next major upgrade will be to v4 but that is probably at least 18-24 months away.

Yeah, there was a little thing like the stats we had on the old DoryBoard. Top threads by views, by posts, posts per forum, some other stuff.

The new vbulletin board originally had on the front page "Top poster" with my name, and then a link to the rest of the stats. I made a comment to the effect that I didnt need the advertising and it got changed to just the threads/posts/users data with a link to "more stats". Then sometime around a month or two ago I noticed the more stats link went away. *shrug*

I found the Product (that's what vBulletin add on features are called). It's this one that was installed. I am looking at how ways to link/integrate it now.

Ok, I enabled the product and these stats are now showing at the bottom of the Forum Home page. When we upgrade to v3.7 I will look for another stat package that I used back in the day, it's much more robust but requires a lot more writing to the DB to store the info. It shows more data like browsers used, screen resolution, geographic details, etc.

I noticed that the icons with these stats aren't showing up. Also, it seems to be showing European dates 08-03 instead of US style dates 03-08 for March 8th.

Where are these icons? All I see on the portal page is a "More stats:" with nothing after it.

The icons were on the stats block at the bottom of the forum listing page. I found the missing link on the portal page, it's back now also.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    89.3 KB · Views: 1
Back
Top Bottom