Modified Power Wheels - Anyone done it?

thefed

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I am planning on souping up 2 PowerWheels cars my son just inherited from family.

After doing some google searches, I've determined that there's a LARGE number of dads who take pride in modifying their kids PowerWheels. You can upgrade or add batteries, motors, gearboxes, tires, electronic accessories, 'turbo buttons', lights, etc

I have a 6 Volt 3-wheeler he uses indoors which will soon be a 12V. After tinkering with that...I will be modding his 12V Harley to 18v, increasing top end speeds by 50% (8-9mph). This 6v surge will be activated by a momentary "turbo" switch mounted to the steering wheel...it will work in tandem with a Bosch type relay which will kick in the extra 6v battery

Then, I plan on taking some motors from my buddy's sons old PW, and turning our 2000 Silverado into a 36v monster (18v 2 times), with 4 motors...one for each wheel. It will be a true 4-wheeler.

If you have done these types of things,let me know how it went. You can check out modifiedpowerwheels.com for some great info and VIDEO's of kids doing donuts,climbing rocks etc. YouTube also has a wealth of burnouts and brake torquing 3 year rolds!

LOL, you are a such a guy. Please post videos of the final result.

Wow, this could be a whole new cult. Maybe this is the new dads helping with the soap box derby thing .

I'd be concerned with kids not wearing a helmet after watching this video.

YouTube - Power Wheels Mustang GT

Shoot, my son has two of these...a 6v little race car and a 12v two seater hummer. Other than having to regularly disassemble them to get the sand out of them, I hadnt even thought to making mods.

The 12v hummer is enough. In top gear it goes 5mph and I had to jog to keep up with him. I'm very impressed with the range on it. We drive it several miles at a pop all around the neighborhood and he drives it to the park all the time.

Reallllly funny moment last summer when we were driving back from the park and a couple of little girls saw him coming up the street and came out to the end of their driveway to check it out. He posed in the "joe cool" stance as he drove by, pretending to not look at them.

Attachments

• Gabe hummer.jpg
    Gabe hummer.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Reallllly funny moment last summer when we were driving back from the park and a couple of little girls saw him coming up the street and came out to the end of their driveway to check it out. He posed in the "joe cool" stance as he drove by, pretending to not look at them.

Chicks of all ages are impressed with a hot guy driving a cool car !

Good looking kid, and nattily dressed too........I'm sure he'll be beating the girls off with a stick in a few years........:)

Oh, what a cute little fellow! I guess he gets his good looks from dad?! :)

Learn something new everyday. I had no idea modifying these things was popular.

Those videos are hilarious.

Back
Top Bottom