Today is a special day

Khan

Gone but not forgotten
Today is the day I would have had 30 years in at work.:p This was my original planned retirement date.

Instead, I took an early out offer effective as of 31 Dec 2004.:)
(That's 1149 days.)

I'm glad I did.:D

Given my mental/physical health at the time of retirement, I'm not sure I would have lasted that long; at best I would have been on numerous medications.:duh:

It was worth every penny of decrease in pension.

I highly recommend it.>:D

But didn't you miss out on the gold watch or the crystal vase or the other good bye trinket? Are you sure you made the right decision? :rolleyes:

But didn't you miss out on the gold watch or the crystal vase or the other good bye trinket? Are you sure you made the right decision? :rolleyes:

Want to buy a kidney?:bat:

Congrats to you Khan, I'm glad you don't have any regrets. Money isn't everything. ;)

My retirement party was literally yesterday, it went very well. For a long time I planned to retire with 35 years which would be this July. But I took the buyout, I technically have 4 days to work next week but its over folks. Still I find it interesting that I want to say I had 35 years in when I actually have a few months less. 35 sounds bigger, more compelling than 34.something, sort of like 99 cents sounds better than $1.

And if I stayed I would get a few more bucks for work pay and more retirement benefits but mostly I would get his really exclusive 35 year pin:cool:

Yay for the return of the "Wrath of Khan" Khan! Definitely worth it, you never get the days back. Each is so precious. :)

:D:D:D Congrats on your special day! While the pension may have been a bit bigger, you could never buy back the past 1149 days of freedom. I think you should treat yourself to something special today.

Congratulations, Khan, you saved your life!

Still I find it interesting that I want to say I had 35 years in when I actually have a few months less. 35 sounds bigger, more compelling than 34.something, sort of like 99 cents sounds better than $1.
And if I stayed I would get a few more bucks for work pay and more retirement benefits but mostly I would get his really exclusive 35 year pin:cool:
I stayed five days longer than 20 and I don't need them, so you can have my five days to add to your total.

Anyone else want to help get Yakers over 35?

You could always have an image of that 35-year pin engraved onto your tombstone...

Emotional and physical health will beat any old gold watch! Good for you!

Today is the day I would have had 30 years in at work.:p This was my original planned retirement date.

Instead, I took an early out offer effective as of 31 Dec 2004.:)
(That's 1149 days.)

I'm glad I did.:D

Given my mental/physical health at the time of retirement, I'm not sure I would have lasted that long; at best I would have been on numerous medications.:duh:

It was worth every penny of decrease in pension.

I highly recommend it.>:D
All the best - this definitely calls for streamers and balloons. but i can't figure out how to paste a picture of them into this message. still learning how to run this machine...LOL

Just knowing you escaped on your own terms, health and sanity intact, will bring a level of joy that cannot be equalled.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom