Obama - Most Liberal Senator?

As bad as Bush has screwed the pooch during the last eight years and with McCain and Hillary being damn near interchangable, I may vote for Obama just for the amusement factor and with the hope he may actually make life better for future generations.

Obama just for the amusement factor and with the hope he may actually make life better for future generations.

How is he going to do that? I watched the debates, and all I saw was rhetoric from both Obama and Hillary.

Wasn't John Kerry the "most liberal Senator" 4 years ago? Obama is more liberal than Leahy or Kennedy? Barbara Boxer? C'mon.

Where's that thread from last year that was already blaming the future economy on Clinton? It was funny then and it'll be even funnier if she's not in the two-horse race. Colbert did a piece on Fox "analysts" already blaming next year's economy on a Democratic president. :)

(Daily Show and not Colbert?)

Last edited:
hmmm ... with Obama, I see 4 years of Carter flash-back. I'll hold my nose and vote McCain

Last edited:
As long as they breath and are Democrat's - I'll vote for them.

I like to keep things simple. :D

heh heh heh - I'll only vote once - a second vote by 'the mythical Missoula 17 yr old' doesn't count in this one.

Here's to Yellow Dogs and Democrat's - unless they find a dang Texican Republican Yellow Dog I don't know about.

Townhall.com::The Real Barack::By Armstrong Williams

I haven't done a lot of research yet on the man though this is the best article I've seen so far. Seems to cut out the garbage and focus on his record. Does anyone think he does not deserve his rating as "Most Liberal Senator?"

I don't know the records of all the senators, so I can't say if he is more or less liberal than others (except I am fairly certain he is more liberal than McCain). If you are referring to the American Conservative Union rating, I would wear that as a badge of pride. (Although he is not liberal enough for me in many areas).

Oh, this pains me...I read the article...not much meat to it. He (Obama) was not around yet to vote on the biggies, but what, pray tell, was attached to the bills for him to vote "nay" to raise the minimum wage and make English our official language? Those two I find hard to believe even he'd vote against!

This year I think I'll vote for Garfield the cat. I don't like McCain, I can't stand Hillary. Heck Hillary is already whining about things, I don't think I could stand four years of her. I really don't like Obama, but think he is the safe vote because he's inexperienced, so things probably won't get done with hm running things.

OH NOOOOOOOOOO..... I must be turning into a liberal.... But I swear I am not....

"In 2007 he voted against banning partial birth abortions, for expanding research on stem cell lines, against declaring English as the official language of the US Government, for the minimum wage hike, against raising the estate-tax exemption to $5 million, and for the redeployment of troops out of Iraq by March of 2008. If these aren’t liberal votes, I don’t know what are."

Let's see.....

partial birth... same
stem cell... same
official language.... same (this is a repub crock.... one of those 'anti' themes)
minimum wage.... same (heck, it had not been raised in, what:confused:, 15 years?
estate tax exemption... different...
redeployment of troops... same

SO, if this is 'liberal' voting... well.... the repubs are in trouble...

Oh, this pains me...I read the article...not much meat to it. He (Obama) was not around yet to vote on the biggies, but what, pray tell, was attached to the bills for him to vote "nay" to raise the minimum wage and make English our official language? Those two I find hard to believe even he'd vote against!

See below... he voted FOR minimum wage...

And why do we need an 'official' language?

I am still undecided. Being an independent, I could vote either way. I tend to vote for the best candidate of the lot regardless of party.

I was leaning toward Hillary. But it is not looking like she will make it in the general election.

If it comes down to McCain and Obama... today I am leaning toward McCain.

My concern about Obama is his experience and I am not in favor of a bunch of new social programs (govt spending). But I am in favor of meaningful Health Care Reform and shoring up Soc Sec.

I am concerned that McCain will not adequately address Health Care Reform. McCain has no position on SS listed on his site. Obama list Health and SS as issues he intends to address.

I could very easily decide to vote for Obama. I will decide in the next few months.

It seems likely that we are headed for a bear market and a recession. If that occurs, McCain will lose. He will get the GWB backlash from angry voters.

Many people are against the official language because those laws often mean that public signs/information in other languages are either discouraged or banned - which is bad for safety, public participation and access to public services, voting etc. i don't think either hillary or obama are against people learning english or it being recognized as the language of this country - but those bills often go beyond recognition.

Many people are against the official language because those laws often mean that public signs/information in other languages are either discouraged or banned - which is bad for safety, public participation and access to public services, voting etc. i don't think either hillary or obama are against people learning english or it being recognized as the language of this country - but those bills often go beyond recognition.

Amusing - my late Father graduated in the Great Depression and went to Finland to teach English to shipping company executives(vs 2nd assistant milkman in Brooklyn) and one post Katrina Christmas visit one of my favorite barmaids in New Orleans(from the 70's) had her daughter home for the holidays from China - no plans to return as long as the pay and perks held up for teaching English to Chinese in Bejing.

sooo - how many places are banning English?

heh heh heh - if my Sister ever stops calling herself independant but going out and voting Republican - I may sit on my hands for a few elections. Remember she abandoned the Pats at the start of the playoff's and went Green Bay cause Bret was cute - right after I became convinced the Pats had a good football team. I hate to think what I was supposed to be for and against down through the decades donkey and elephant wise.

Supporters and fans packed the shows in Dallas, Winnsboro, San Antonio, Tyler, Houston and La Grange to raise money for Utopia and listen to some great music. Seven out of eight shows were complete sell-outs with standing room only and there were so many fans still clamoring for tickets that second performances were added in Houston and La Grange!

The Kinkster is one of the world's best self promoters. Heck, I voted for him when he ran for Gov last year. I knew he did not have a chance, but it was Kinkey, damnit!

The Kinkster is one of the world's best self promoters. Heck, I voted for him when he ran for Gov last year. I knew he did not have a chance, but it was Kinkey, damnit!

Considering who (or more accurately, what) he was running against, the Kinkster was the only logical choice.

Back
Top Bottom