Hi I am 30, male, planning for semi-retiring in 5yrs

Welcome to the Board, AA. Look forward to hearing more about your adventures, financial and other!

I always wondered for financial planners who plan to FIRE, how many (if any) of your clients are planning early retirements? Is it common at all? Does a planner intent on ER attract more of that kind of people as clients?

Hello

Hello AdventuresAddict,

I'm 29 and was planning on retiring from my job at 40, but I like your idea of semi-retirement at 35. I'd like to hear of your plans if you are willing to share.
Thanks and have a great day!
-Dsutin

"Where are the customer's yachts?"

What kind of planner are you? AUM, fee-based, commission-based?

How do you plan on semi-retiring at 35? I'm in the same boat, so I'd like to hear how you plan on doing it.

From the "part time retiree" factoids:

Fresh & Easy grocery stores provide full bennies for all employees, even at 20 hours per week. Woot.

Well, other than the fact that AdventuresAddict states he is from Singapore where the rules may be different, we'd all like to learn more about the plan behind this ambitious goal.

Well, other than the fact that AdventuresAddict states he is from Singapore where the rules may be different, we'd all like to learn more about the plan behind this ambitious goal.

He did say Semi retire so maybe in China that would mean he gets the weekends off:D

The "semi-retirement" I'm planning is working 24 weeks a year, 4 days per week. What does yours mean, AdventuresAddict?

My semi-retire plan seems to either fall on 3 full days (24 hrs/week) or I've got this stupid school bus driver notion that I believe is about 20 hrs/week all 5 days.

I'm still working full time after 31 years, but I semi-retired when I was 34...

Back
Top Bottom