Repo Man - Bringing the Bad News

Wags

Full time employment: Posting here.
ABC News video - Bringing the Bad News

ABC News

He evicts about 6 families a week.

GOD BLESS US ALL:angel:

I've only worked with one bank who had a policy of leaving someone in the unit after foreclosure. These were the better of the REOs since the heat was on and the pipes were protected. This bank would set the rent low to attract good people ... but they did a lousy job screening (I ended up evicting nearly all of them).

The banks haven't figured out that working with the prior owners - as tenants - can help save the property and give the bank some monthly income. Just because the owners can't afford 4k/month doesn't mean 2k/mo is out of reach. Heck they could ride this thing out for 3-4 years and probably recoop most of thier $$.

Liability seems to trump all.

the life of a repoman is always intense!
(eating from a can of generic "food")
Do you want that food heated dear? "No Ma, it doesn't get any better than this". Ok, i misremembered it:
Mrs. Maddox: Put it on a plate, son. You'll enjoy it more.
Otto Maddox: Couldn't enjoy it any more, Mom. Mm, mm, mmm.

Miller: A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Otto: You eat a lot of acid, Miller, back in the hippie days?
Miller: I'll give you another instance: you know how everybody's into weirdness right now?

... Executive production by a fine Monkee!

Perhaps after Blazing Saddles one of the more quotable films made

I have a theory that the expression

"...............NOT!"

comes from Repoman

remember when he's in the store and the punk acquaintance of otto gets shot and he says

Punk: I know a life of crime led me
to this sorry fate.......
And yet, I blame society.
Society made me what I am.

Otto: Bullshit! You're a white
suburban punk, just like me.

Punk: But it still hurts.

Otto: You're gonna be all right.
..........Maybe not.

The word "maybe" in the last line was muffled so all you heard was

you're gonna be all right.............not

it was diabolically funny making funny of the poor sap as he was dying so in my estimation the expression stuck and we all started to use it

it is the first time I had heard it used and I know me and my friends used to use it as nauseum

when I watched the film when it was released on video (how's that for dating myself!) and I heard that he actually said 'maybe not' I was a bit put off

cheers

the life of a repoman is always intense!

I talked with one who repo'd airplanes, the story of one in a South American country sounded like a movie. He started a fire at the other end of the airport as a distraction and they were shooting at him as he was taking off.

Neat, miss a payment on the CC/Debit (no balance) the card quits. Miss rent or mortgage payment the water meter locks up. I hope the car thing lets them complete the current trip then shuts down (like next time it goes into park) and not on the interstate where I am traveling.

I think over time we will probably see a lot of creative uses of technology to limit a lender's exposure to bad debt. With credit cards it would only take a little programming to crimp the spender's style big time by just limiting the amount of purchases if they miss payments, even if they haven't maxed out the card. :bat:

Yep, times are so bad that the repo man had nothing to do until the media suddenly decided it was time to tell everyone we're in a recession and we're all doomed.

I talked with one who repo'd airplanes, the story of one in a South American country sounded like a movie. He started a fire at the other end of the airport as a distraction and they were shooting at him as he was taking off.

want to see a film like that rent the Dennis Hopper film about his portrayal of Barry Seal, the drug smuggler turned DEA Agent, I think it was called "Double Crossed"

doesn't have very nice things to say about Oliver North though, portrays him as an ambitious officer that put his own career interests ahead of the safety of the DEA agents

There is a movie we watched often in college called Roger and me. In that movie it showed a repo van which I believe was pink. Because we went to school in Flint, MI (where the movie was taped), we would often see that same van around the school evicting people as well.

Good movie.

There is a movie we watched often in college called Roger and me. In that movie it showed a repo van which I believe was pink. Because we went to school in Flint, MI (where the movie was taped), we would often see that same van around the school evicting people as well.

Good movie.

sorry I can't watch movies made by obese white males that are into self loathing which they turn into racism upon their own kind

Back
Top Bottom