What? No Merit Badge

DblDoc

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Hit a milestone of sorts. Initially thought that Vanguard had changed their interface but then realized that I had been upgraded to Voyager status having accumulated > $100k in assets at Vanguard. Wohoo :)!

Unfortunately since I had stopped getting paper statements anyways there isn't much in it for me :(, not even a badge.

DD

Hit a milestone of sorts. Initially thought that Vanguard had changed their interface but then realized that I had been upgraded to Voyager status having accumulated > $100k in assets at Vanguard. Wohoo :)!

Unfortunately since I had stopped getting paper statements anyways there isn't much in it for me :(, not even a badge.

DD
Congratulations! You should get a letter in the mail in a month or two detailing your new status and privileges, even if you aren't getting paper statements. Woo-Hoo!!!

Due to receiving part of my windfall I skipped over Voyager. I always wanted to skip a grade in school like my big brother, so I suppose this is as close as I will ever get to that! :2funny: Anyway, right now I am Voyager Select but later this summer should be moving on to Flagship. Sort of sounds like "Starship Enterprise" to me (just call me Deanna Troi). :D

Last edited:
ah ... i'm tempted to ask "what's a star trek" but i won't (just kiddin') ... but on a more serious note did want to mention that being a vanguard client (at any level) is its own reward, merit badge not needed.

DD

Congratulations ! Here is your badge !

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 183
But you'll have to wait for the letter to find out the secret handshake. My lips are sealed!! ;)

I got a free hat...

TD Ameritrade called me and was trying to sell their ETF rebalancing program... blah blah blah.. costs is an annual % of your assests, but you can rebalance for free... blah blah blah... I very nicely I told him I only rebalance about 4 times a year max, and that works out to be about $40-$80 in trades... not worth this free trades, but you pay in % of assests idea. He agreed, and then asked if there was anything else that Ameritrade could do for me...

I said, "I really really want a hat." Can you send me a hat...

And today, a hat shows up in the mail! Yippie... I am totally excited... (well I guess you just had to be there) :)

Laters,
-d.

Vanguard has a good idea with this "class" system. I am currently a voyager with them - close to flagship....I keep sitting on my hands because I am so tempted to pull enough cash out of my 401K that is with Fido to get this new "status". But that 401K is my bucket # 3 and ideally needs to stay where it is to be part of the overall plan.....
Now I know how I survived megacorp for over 2 decades....I am a carrot chaser!

I don't think Vanguard even HAS a hat. :mad: Just low cost funds.

If they gave away hats their funds would be more expensive!

Thanks for the badge Moemg. I'll wear it with pride!

DD

Nerd Alert, ON!

Want2Retire, wouldn't that be "Counselor" Troi to all of us ensigns out there?

Nerd Alert Off!

And after learning about Vanguard's secret societies, maybe we'll have to open a taxable account with them! I love secret handshakes.

Ameriprise redid their recognition. I went from Gold to Achiever Circle Elite. I don't know if that was an upgrade or downgrade. No merit badge though but they did send a letter plus an application for their MasterCard.

I just noticed something that may be important for others. Both DW and I have accounts at Vanguard and our combined assets would have exceeded 100k for awhile. Now both accounts have Flagship status even though hers is < 100k. I'm guessing that my account creeping over 100k triggered the change in status for both of us but I wonder if I had called Vanguard and pointed out our combined assets were > 100k they would have bumped our status earlier?

DD

Thanks NR4P I'll add that one to my growing collection.

I just noticed something that may be important for others. Both DW and I have accounts at Vanguard and our combined assets would have exceeded 100k for awhile. Now both accounts have Flagship status even though hers is < 100k. I'm guessing that my account creeping over 100k triggered the change in status for both of us but I wonder if I had called Vanguard and pointed out our combined assets were > 100k they would have bumped our status earlier?

How nice! I have no idea. You could have called and asked, I suppose, though by now it is water under the bridge.

Hopefully you meant Voyager, not Flagship status. If my recollection is correct, Voyager is >100K, Voyager Select is >500K, and Flagship is over >1,000K. Now if you are really both Flagship right now, there must have been some sort of glitch to your benefit (so enjoy!). ;)

He ... asked if there was anything else that Ameritrade could do for me. I said, "I really really want a hat." Can you send me a hat. And today, a hat shows up in the mail! Yippie... I am totally excited... (well I guess you just had to be there) :)
If you don't ask, you don't get. :cool:

Next time he calls, ask for a new car! :D

How nice! I have no idea. You could have called and asked, I suppose, though by now it is water under the bridge.

Hopefully you meant Voyager, not Flagship status. If my recollection is correct, Voyager is >100K, Voyager Select is >500K, and Flagship is over >1,000K. Now if you are really both Flagship right now, there must have been some sort of glitch to your benefit (so enjoy!). ;)

You're right. Wishfull thinking on my part. I'll be a "Voyager" (With badges to prove it!) for the foreseeable future. :duh:

DD

Back
Top Bottom