after 21 years of semi-retirement, just about ready

ecsat

Confused about dryer sheets
Age 58. I've been working part-time, with benefits, for over 20 years (30 hours per week for most of that time). I become eligible for full retirement, with a pro-rated (i.e., part-time level) pension, in August. Working through January will add an entire year of service, so I'm thinking January rather than August.

My current medical coverage, including 100% paid premiums (unless the state legislature changes that), will continue unchanged after retirement - until I reach Medicare age. After that, what they (HR people) have said is that I will have to sign up for Medicare Part B (but not Part D, which will still be covered) and start paying $100/month premiums -- for no good reason, as far as I can tell. But I inquired, and they are researching that.

I have a pretty good nest egg and don't have any dependents or debts. I'm often thinking that my job is getting in the way of things that I want or need to do. So, it seems like maybe it's a good time to take the big step. I have a number of hobbies.

I wish I had found this group several years ago. I would be better prepared now -- might even have taken early (96%) retirement two years ago when really bad stuff happened at the office.

Three other people in my office are qualified for full retirement -- I'm the last one to join the group but may be the first one out the door.

Anyway, I have a lot of catch-up reading to do here and just wanted to introduce myself.

Ed

Welcome aboard Ed. Enjoy the reading and jump in the pool when ready.

Back
Top Bottom