Pabst Blue Ribbon Custom-Made Beer-Can Coffin

PBR is ok if you're having more than one .... but, this guy looked like he's had a few too many.

PBR is ok if you're having more than one .... but, this guy looked like he's had a few too many.

Might have been the reason for his 5 heart attacks.

But still it is an interesting story. If and when the poor devil goes he deserves to leave in style. :D

GOD BLESS US ALL:angel:

Pabst...do they still make that stuff? :p Where's the hurling smilie?

When I was young and stupid (stupider?), the beer that won the ribbon was briefly my brand.

I'm inspired to go back to my art books now. There is a long tradition in oil painting of putting death symbols in wines and other alcoholic liquids.

Pabst...do they still make that stuff? :p Where's the hurling smilie?

Just for you:
puke.gif

I remember the day back in the 1980s when the Pabst brewery closed in Newark. They actually got a permit to pour the brew from the vats into the sewer system, it was cheaper than bottling and selling it at the time!!

Now Pabst is made by abig company and sold in tall neck bottles at silly prices at sheshe bars!!

Two years ago they began tearing down the place on south orange ave, the big bottle was taken down and is being kept someplace.
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/27/nyregion/27pabst.html?_r=2&th&emc=th&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

If he has been drinking too much of his beloved PBR elixir... that is likely to be the trigger that starts his ride... rolling in his beer can into the afterlife! :D

Only because this is a cheap beer thread...

Anyone remember Blatz beer? I've named one of the applications I'm writing for work the 'BlatzSlinger3000'. Unfortunately, or aptly, everyone has subbed out Blatz with their own favorite expletive.

Oh yeah.. the tie-in. Blatz was bought by Pabst in an effort to corner 'things you can drink that make your head pound in under 5 minutes' market. Wikipedia says that Miller is currently producing Blatz under license from Pabst.

Valentin Blatz Brewing Company - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My vote for worst beer ever is Carling's Black Label. Followed closely by Falls City Beer, made with clean, sparkling Ohio River water... :p

Followed closely by Falls City Beer, made with clean, sparkling Ohio River water... :p

"Is that a stout?" No, it's our lager.

When Coke runs out of caramel color they just use Ohio River water.

"Is that a stout?" No, it's our lager.

When Coke runs out of caramel color they just use Ohio River water.

Just to be needlessly nit-picky - a lager can be as dark as a stout. Bocks are often dark, and a schwarzbier, by definition, is dark (black beer). Those are lagers.

Lager generally refers to the type of yeast used, not the color of the brew. But the term lager itself came from the cold storage of these beers. Most lager yeasts will ferment at cooler temperatures than ale yeast.

-ERD50

Colt 45 brings back memories of putting trench coats over our pj's and sneaking out of the dorm for cheese steaks and colt 45 . Those were the days !

My first taste of beer was Country Club, in those teeny little cans. Dad and his buds would play poker, and I'd sneak a sip. >:D

But, did you like it? ;)

-ERD50

Honestly, I don't remember exactly. I had a few other beers before that one. I do remember it was rather "stout". Interesting using spices...I just might have to check that out. Thanks! :D

As long as we're talking of beer: Does anyone else remember something called 'Maximus Super(?)' from around 1970?

Back
Top Bottom