Now Come On, Florida

How can people be so retarded? I thought the prosecution of witchcraft ended in Salem...

Magic trick costs teacher job - Tampa Bays Local News

"I said, 'Well Pat, can you explain this to me?' 'You've been accused of wizardry,' [he said]. Wizardry?" he asked.

Well, at the very least he should be entitled to a hearing where he can be put to The Test.

Sir Bedevere: There are ways of telling whether she is a witch.
Peasant 1: Are there? Oh well, tell us.
Sir Bedevere: Tell me. What do you do with witches?
Peasant 1: Burn them.
Sir Bedevere: And what do you burn, apart from witches?
Peasant 1: More witches.
Peasant 2: Wood.
Sir Bedevere: Good. Now, why do witches burn?
Peasant 3: ...because they're made of... wood?
Sir Bedevere: Good. So how do you tell whether she is made of wood?
Peasant 1: Build a bridge out of her.
Sir Bedevere: But can you not also build bridges out of stone?
Peasant 1: Oh yeah.
Sir Bedevere: Does wood sink in water?
Peasant 1: No, no, it floats!... It floats! Throw her into the pond!
Sir Bedevere: No, no. What else floats in water?
Peasant 1: Bread.
Peasant 2: Apples.
Peasant 3: Very small rocks.
Peasant 1: Cider.
Peasant 2: Gravy.
Peasant 3: Cherries.
Peasant 1: Mud.
Peasant 2: Churches.
Peasant 3: Lead! Lead!
King Arthur: A Duck.
Sir Bedevere: ...Exactly. So, logically...
Peasant 1: If she weighed the same as a duck... she's made of wood.
Sir Bedevere: And therefore...
Peasant 2: ...A witch!

I might understand it if he were in a scary clown suit, but this.....nah.

Land O' Lakes (just north of Tampa) is also know for its nudist resort. I wonder if he can still make the toothpick disappear when he's not wearing any clothes.

Probably won't help his teaching career.

Last edited:
florida does not allow for the teaching of sorcery. but apparently encourages the teaching of miracles.

Evolution 'critical analysis' bill passes Florida House, 71-43 -- OrlandoSentinel.com

The Senate bill is modeled on an Academic Freedom Act proposed by the Discovery Institute, backers of the theory of intelligent design. The House version just says students must be given a "thorough presentation and critical analysis" of evolution.

i would stay and write more but there's a witch burning downtown this afternoon and i thought i might check it out.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who noticed that Rich's nudist colony link did not work:confused:?

Yes, Al. It appears that you are the only one to notice. And also the only one to make the effort to closely and thoroughly evaluate and peruse the proper link. Your altruistic efforts on behalf of quality control for the board are highly appreciated. ;)

I corrected it in the original - thanks for looking. Er... pointing it out. Uh... rising to the occasion. Ummm.... never mind.

perhaps, just perhaps, there's more to the story: ' "I still have no idea what my discipline involves because I've never received anything from the school district actually saying what it entails," said Piculas.' nontheless, a burning at the stake is not just reserved for those of the political opposition, but they'd best purchase some carbon offsets first.

Back
Top Bottom