only on the ER Forum

ladelfina

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
am I greeted with the successive posts:

"Happy Mothers' Day"
and
"Selecting Guns for Personal Protection"

Subsequently thinking on this curious juxtaposition.. it came to mind that Mothers' Day was originally an anti-war-protester-spurred recognition of moms who'd been losing their sons in the Great War.... So, to all the moms whose kids are no longer with us for one reason or another, a big hug, along with the hope that more moms the world over can be spared that pain.

"Happy Mothers' Day"
and

Sadly my Mom's shooting days are behind me. But I know for many years she appreciated my renewing her subscription to this fine magazine.Women & Guns. For many years they use to have a best pistols for Mother's Day gifts article. The purple 9 mm Luger was hit with mom. :D

"Happy Mothers' Day"
and

Subsequently thinking on this curious juxtaposition.. it came to mind that Mothers' Day was originally an anti-war-protester-spurred recognition of moms who'd been losing their sons in the Great War.... So, to all the moms whose kids are no longer with us for one reason or another, a big hug, along with the hope that more moms the world over can be spared that pain.

Maybe a bumper sticker?:

" Mom's Eyesight Isn't as Good as Calamity Jane's Anymore, but she can still shoot a Squirrel ar 25 yards"

:D:D:eek:

Back
Top Bottom