Big Earthquake Hits China

Bree

Recycles dryer sheets
So I was at work today, and a coworker turns to me and says...

'Check this out... this is really weird' and hands me her mobile phone which reads... 'earthquake in Shanghai, evacuate now.'

I'm in Shanghai, and getting a message like this is a little more than disturbing. We looked around and everything seemed to be ok... but still, felt a little weird, so checked online and could find nothing other than a report saying that over half of the buildings in Shanghai would basically crumble to dust if an earthquake did hit here.

I looked around again at the building I was in. I was only on the 2nd floor, but thought I'd go outside for some 'air' just in case...

After 10 minutes outside and nothing happening I went back in and sent a text message to DW asking if she had heard anything about an earthquake.
She said she hadn't but the lights had started shaking earlier on where she worked, and an earthquake would explain things.

Later we read that there was a large - reported at between 7.4 and 7.8 quake in central china near Chengdu. The last I heard there was 5000 dead.

I can't imagine what it must be like there with the poor construction methods used nation wide here. Waiting to hear more info...

live life today, because you never know what tomorrow may bring.

Mitch
PS - Neither DW or I have experienced an earthquake, so if the above response sounds particularly like an earthquake newbie response - you'd be exactly right!

Back
Top Bottom