carcinoma in ear

DonnaDon

Confused about dryer sheets
My 58 year old mother had developed this bump-like ,crusty cyst into her ear. Some kind of a liquid was also running from it and smells bad. We have noticed it 2 months ago as it went from a pimple size to a peanut size cyst. The Doctor said it seems like it is there for more than 5 months. Before the surgery, after the first test results the Doctors couldn't recognize if it is actually "acanthoma or carcinoma". Today she underwent a surgery. The doctors said it was very deep almost near the scalp of the head. They said that it was fully removed. The piece was brought for another test. Can you please let me know more about it? IS it dangerous?

http://s148.photobucket.com/albums/s31/tia_baby1/?action=vie

http://s148.photobucket.com/albums/s31/tia_baby1/?action=vie

Thank you very mucb

Donna, we really can't have the doctors who participate on this forum trying to diagnose illnesses from afar. I think the best thing you can do is sit down and talk with your mother's doctor after the tests come back. I know it must be hard to wait for the test results but I trust they will be back soon.

Uhhh, sorry, no can do. That's why they train pathologists. I do not provide direct medical advice on the forum.

Meadbh, MD

You need to wait until the pathology report is available. That will give you a diagnosis. The photos are just photos.

You need to wait until the pathology report is available. That will give you a diagnosis. The photos are just photos.
We finaly have the results. because it is in bulgarian i will try to translate:

A few fragments with sizes 3-4 mm on the right external ear canal with morphology of high differential squamous cell carcinoma, verrucous type with stromn reaction. One of the fragments is with a structure of hyaline cartilage.

T3 N0 MX

Surgical Method: Extirpacio Sa meati acustici externa dextra,status post extirpacionem

I ve done a lot of research about this cancer. I want to know if there is hope and people that are cured from it and how does the test look to you guys.

Thank you

I ve done a lot of research about this cancer. I want to know if there is hope and people that are cured from it and how does the test look to you guys.

Not to be insensitive, but you need to talk to your doctor. This is not an appropriate place to address such matters. While we occasionally discuss general medical issues on the retirement board, these discussions are of general interest and purely informational.

Best wishes for a good outcome and recovery.

Not to be insensitive, but you need to talk to your doctor. This is not an appropriate place to address such matters. While we occasionally discuss general medical issues on the retirement board, these discussions are of general interest and purely informational.

Best wishes for a good outcome and recovery.
Thank you. Sorry for posting this. My mother is in Bulgaria and she is talking to her Doctor. I just wanted some opinion from people of different Countries with more advanced technology and ideas.

Thank you. Sorry for posting this. My mother is in Bulgaria and she is talking to her Doctor. I just wanted some opinion from people of different Countries with more advanced technology and ideas.

I understand completely. We all want what's best for our loved ones. Unfortunately, it would be a disservice to you and to her to provide specific advice through an internet bulletin board.

Have you considered bringing her here for a 2nd opinion? If you care to tell me where you live (private message is OK), I can see if I can recommend a center of excellence in the area.

Back
Top Bottom