well its nice when you walk into work and get FOUR paychecks

retiringat50

Recycles dryer sheets
but not so good when you realize its your last ever from them
Went to work for my weekly paycheck. Found they also had individual checks for my next 3wks of vacation. Then Im finished- no more checks from them.
Its time to start my 72t

Awesome feeling lol, think about all that interest/CG you get now that you don't have to wait three weeks for the money! Or, think about how much money you can lose on the stock market... nevermind. Congrats, by the way.

retiringat50, congratulations! I hope you have a happy, healthy, long retirement.

Coach

Congratulations, your ER is a major accomplishment from which you will derive tremendous pleasure and satisfaction.

Congratulations on your ER.

All the best to you on this exciting new chapter in your life. Enjoy.

Congrats and welcome to the club [secret handshake on] [secret handshake off].
Enjoy the rest of your life.

That's wonderful! I remember my boss bringing me my last check and saying "This is your last check!" (he wanted me to stay) I thanked him with a big grin. You will finding grinning is something that will be hard to suppress. After all if you eyes are dancing you can put on dark shades... enjoy!

but not so good when you realize its your last ever from them
Went to work for my weekly paycheck. Found they also had individual checks for my next 3wks of vacation. Then Im finished- no more checks from them.
Its time to start my 72t
First off, Congratulations! You said, "not so good when you realize its your last ever from them"......It really is not so good.....actually it's GREAT! Maybe it's no more checks, BUT more importantly....it's NO MORE WORK!!! NOW real life begins! Enjoy!

My last day [-]in prison[/-] on the job was 4/4/2007......my last regular paycheck was direct-deposited the next day. Two weeks later they direct-deposited the pay for all of my unused vacation, sick days, comp-time, and whatever else there was left. About two weeks after that I got a refund check from our pension fund for part of money that I'd paid over the years toward a spousal pension (the part which I'd previously paid income tax on).......didn't have a spouse, so they refunded it. The day after that I received a letter from the pension folks asking what I'd like to do with the rest of my spousal pension money (that I hadn't been taxed on). Well that goodly sum of money became a very nice Rollover IRA. Then a few days later I had my 1st pension check direct-deposited. :D

Then about mid-summer last year I received a check in the mail from my former employer, because the union had negotiated another stipend after I ER'd, that was retro-active back to January 1st. Since I was there for the first three months, I qualified for the extra $$. That helped pay for one of my [-]vacations[/-] trips last year!

I received more money during the first month of my retirement, than I'd made in my last year on the job. I knew then & there that I was gonna like this retirement gig. :D

Again, congrats on your new found freedom!:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom