Money Magazine Automatic Renewal

Rustward

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Don't laugh, please, or at least don't laugh out loud.

In 2004 I signed up for Money Magazine at the special rate of $9.99 for 12 or 13 issues, through an internet ad. One of the catches is that you have to authorize automatic renewals billed to the credit card. Allowed it to renew without paying much attention to the rate until the last renewal notice arrived. The preferred subscriber rate (for me) is now $29.99. I feel soooo special being a preferred subscriber.

Got interested in how much they charged me for the renewals since the initial subscription. Here are the results of my research:
2004 $9.99
2005 14.99
2006 19.99
2007 24.99
2008 29.99

I wonder how high it would go if I let it :confused:

While you may agree or disagree, it is probably worth $9.99 and maybe a little more, but not $29.99.

The $9.99 price is still good for new subscriptions, so ...

Don't laugh, please, or at least don't laugh out loud.

In 2004 I signed up for Money Magazine at the special rate of $9.99 for 12 or 13 issues, through an internet ad. One of the catches is that you have to authorize automatic renewals billed to the credit card. Allowed it to renew without paying much attention to the rate until the last renewal notice arrived. The preferred subscriber rate (for me) is now $29.99. I feel soooo special being a preferred subscriber.

Got interested in how much they charged me for the renewals since the initial subscription. Here are the results of my research:
2004 $9.99
2005 14.99
2006 19.99
2007 24.99
2008 29.99

While you may agree or disagree, it is probably worth $9.99 and maybe a little more, but not $29.99.

The $9.99 price is still good for new subscriptions, so ...

Not worth anything to me. Many of those articles are on-line (MSN-Money) besides there is more knowledge on this board than 10 years of Money Magazine - and it is, more or less, current.

Check out magazine subscriptions through Amazon - $20/year for Money, $30 for 2 years. Kiplinger's is just $12.

Not worth anything to me. Many of those articles are on-line (MSN-Money) besides there is more knowledge on this board than 10 years of Money Magazine - and it is, more or less, current.

O I need to be real clear that Money does not hold a candle to the information and knowledge here. :)

For me magazines are mostly bathroom reading material.

good experiment ... don't forget to keep us informed on an annual basis!

If you wanted to keep it, I'm sure one phone call telling them your dropping it will result in an incredible offer....

Wellll - in a certain sense - it was a lot more expensive over the years - reading those ??free?? Money, Kip and others in the Dentist's waiting room.

He could afford the subscriptions and over 15 yrs or so he seemed to be a good dentist - or near as I could judge.

:rolleyes: ;)

heh heh heh - :cool:

Wellll - in a certain sense - it was a lot more expensive over the years - reading those ??free?? Money, Kip and others in the Dentist's waiting room.

He could afford the subscriptions and over 15 yrs or so he seemed to be a good dentist - or near as I could judge.

:rolleyes: ;)

heh heh heh - :cool:
You would be surprised to find out that most of the magazines in the waiting rooms are free subscriptions sent to the office to be used in the waiting room.

Back
Top Bottom