Shipping biodiesel to europe?

cute fuzzy bunny

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Spill closes Miss. River, shuts off exports - Yahoo! News

"The 600-foot tanker, carrying styrene and biodiesel bound for Europe, split the 190-foot barge in half, dumping the fuel."

Uh...with diesel at $5 a gallon, we're shipping biodiesel to europe?

Next question...couldnt they have just made the boat out of the styrene and filled it with the biodiesel and floated it there?

I looked at this quick and I though it was shipping bodies to Europe ! Who ? Maybe Paris Hilton, Lindsay Loham ?

Thats funny. First thing I thought of when I read this article was "ok, we're shipping biodiesel overseas to other countries. Next thing I'm going to read is that we're putting all the pretty women on a barge and shoving it out to sea".

If it was your biodiesel and you could sell it for $8.50/gal there vs. $5.00 a gal. here, what would you do?

Yeah that makes sense. Decrease the level of available food convert it to fuel then sell it to Europe where we all so loved.
Works for me.

Spill it in the river?

LMFAO.

Yeah that makes sense. Decrease the level of available food convert it to fuel then sell it to Europe where we all so loved.
Works for me.

Yeah, thats what I was thinking. Aside from the part where the food stuff becomes hideously expensive.

So whats the deal...are we all paying higher food and fuel prices so someone can make a buck? That is when they dont dump it in the river by accident?!?

If it was your biodiesel and you could sell it for $8.50/gal there vs. $5.00 a gal. here, what would you do?

Sell it here and avoid the $4/gal of taxes you pay by sending it to Europe.

Works for me.

That's good ol' US capitalism. Goods and services flow to those that are willing to pay the most for it. The worst economic system there is except for all the others ;)

MB

I saw the CEO of one of the big refiners (TSO or VLO) speaking recently, and he made a brief comment in which he said diesel was so expensive right now because so much of it was going to Europe.

2B suggested in another thread that current high diesel prices are a result of first the government decreased the allowable sulfur content in diesel and second many of the refiners failed to invest in additional hydrofining capacity (hydrofining removes the sulfur) to meet the new low sulfur requirements.

Back
Top Bottom