Early Retirement & Financial Independence Community

Early Retirement & Financial Independence Community (http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/)
-   Other topics (http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f27/)
-   -   Madonna Turns 50 (http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f27/madonna-turns-50-a-37957.html)

Purron 08-16-2008 09:15 AM

Madonna Turns 50
 
1 Attachment(s)
No matter what you think of her, you have to admit she looks good for 50. Sorry, CFB, but I don't think she eats much bacon:rolleyes:

Here's a recent photo and article about her:

COX.net for Northern Virginia - News: At her half-century mark, Madonna proves inspiring to other women of a certain age

FinanceDude 08-16-2008 11:07 AM

She's the hottest 50 year old I know........:)

HFWR 08-16-2008 11:31 AM

You know Madonna? In the Biblical sense? >:D

They can beg and they can plead
But they can't see the light, that's right
Cause the boy with the cold hard cash
Is always mister right.

Cause we are

Living in a material world
And I am a material girl
You know that we are living in a material world
And I am a material girl

Notmuchlonger 08-16-2008 11:32 AM

I hate that song.

bbbamI 08-16-2008 11:38 AM

I don't know her as well as FinanceDude, but I think she looks great. :)

cute fuzzy bunny 08-16-2008 12:42 PM

I had a friend that used to call her "Matuna". Not sure why. Still makes me chuckle.

HFWR 08-16-2008 12:54 PM

More like "out of tune-a". Amazing what pitch correction software can accomplish...

TromboneAl 08-16-2008 02:38 PM

This is what she looks like without the make-up and air brushing:

http://stayfree.typepad.com/photos/u...d/granny_1.jpg

REWahoo 08-16-2008 02:45 PM

Rich, please close this thread too...

Notmuchlonger 08-16-2008 02:52 PM

Damn Al..

Purron 08-16-2008 02:59 PM

Well, this thread didn't take long to crash and burn. I shoulda known better:duh:

Notmuchlonger 08-16-2008 03:02 PM

It should get locked shortly. Someone will complain..

HFWR 08-16-2008 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TromboneAl (Post 699034)
This is what she looks like without the make-up and air brushing:

http://stayfree.typepad.com/photos/u...d/granny_1.jpg

Like a virgin...

Notmuchlonger 08-16-2008 04:40 PM

touched for the verrrrrryyyy firssst timmme..

Purron 08-16-2008 05:04 PM

Just thinking how some might be a bit intimidated by Madonna and therefore feel a need to put her down and degrade her appearance as she is no longer young. She is one sex symbol who has not been controlled by men. I'm not a fan of her music but do find her interesting in how she has challenged the role of women in pop culture. Now she is getting older and we all know how society views “older women”. This is one reason why I like the European attitude about women – we really just start to get interesting after 40.

Just take a look at her in the video Vogue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5-wXnPtj6Y

Interesting in how she mentions many female sex symbols yet asserts herself as a woman in control. Yea, I know, this is getting into soap box territory. Mods, feel free to move this if you desire.

bbbamI 08-16-2008 05:39 PM

You go Purron!!!! ;D I've got your back!

Purron 08-16-2008 05:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by bbbamI (Post 699099)
You go Purron!!!! ;D I've got your back!

Thanks.

HFWR 08-16-2008 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Purron (Post 699075)
Just thinking how some might be a bit intimidated by Madonna and therefore feel a need to put her down and degrade her appearance as she is no longer young. She is one sex symbol who has not been controlled by men. I'm not a fan of her music but do find her interesting in how she has challenged the role of women in pop culture. Now she is getting older and we all know how society views “older women”. This is one reason why I like the European attitude about women – we really just start to get interesting after 40.

Just take a look at her in the video Vogue:

YouTube - Vogue - Madonna

Interesting in how she mentions many female sex symbols yet asserts herself as a woman in control. Yea, I know, this is getting into soap box territory. Mods, feel free to move this if you desire.

Oh, you wanted to be serious... :p

Madonna's music is not my cup-o-tea, but she doesn't need my measly approval, anyway. Plus, I like younger women! ;D

bbbamI 08-16-2008 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HFWR (Post 699109)
Oh, you wanted to be serious... :p

Madonna's music is not my cup-o-tea, but she doesn't need my measly approval, anyway. Plus, I like younger women! ;D

Uh, well why did you look at this thread? Hmmmm? >:D

Notmuchlonger 08-16-2008 06:29 PM

Great


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.