Organizing info in case I die?

Bimmerbill

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Not that I'm planning on it or anything, being 42 and healthy.
My mom just gave me her trust, will, and a list of her assets.

Does anyone have a spreadsheet, or workbook, or anything that would help me organize all of my insurance, accounts, online passwords and any other info my DW would need in case I get hit by a bus?

She is pretty frugal, but is sort of hands off on the money management side of it. I'd like to leave some basic instructions, and identify all the insurance payments she could expect, etc. Also would like to identify the type and location of important paperwork (military pension, will, living will, etc).

I think Quicken may have something like this, but despite using it for years I've never filled that stuff out.

Thanks,
Bill

Bill, Nolo Press also offers a how-to book (available at your library, probably, or for $15 from a bookstore) called:

Get it together: Organize your records so your family won't have to, by Melanie Cullen and Shae Irving, J.D.

I've used Nolo products for several things and have been happy with the clarity and ease-of-use they have.

Good luck!

Thanks, I used a couple of Nolo press books in the past. I think I'll give my quicken a shot again, as well as several other letters I received. Should be able to come up with something!

Back
Top Bottom