"Buy when there's blood in the streets, even if the blood is your own."

dex

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Buy When There's Blood In The Streets
Most people only want winners in their portfolios, but as Warren Buffett warned, "You pay a very high price in the stock market for a cheery consensus." In other words, if everyone agrees with your investment decision, then it's probably not a good one.

Not that this was timing or anything (I put the order in over the weekend and had been planning it awhile), but my allocation switches from 90/10 to 100/0 at the end of today's closing. If I had more money, I would definitely be buying more at 100/0 if I could.

Dex:
Unfortunately it is my blood that is in the street.

So it is hard not to hold on to my cash even though I am tempted to buy. I bought some about a week ago and it is much lower than what I paid for now.

mP

I'm kind of glad I didn't hit the house until after 6 pm. Earlier, had I been at the key board, it would have been a strong temptation to add a little more Vanguard Total Market Index. Listening to the pundits was frightening. How about that BRKB?!

Blood in the streets is one thing, but I object when the body parts are blocking the drains!!

Yeesh !

But not as spectacular as some days:

ta,
mews

Yeah, edit that chart to remove any statistic from 1933 and earlier and you'll see today's rank was pretty impressive in terms of the last 75 years.

BTW - -8.8% on the S&P500 and -9.1% on the NASDAQ

Audrey

I haven't been in the street since May 07. They're gonna have to wash some of that blood (& body parts) out of the street before I go back out there.

Another $550 went into the market last Friday. The market mocks me. Another $550 goes into the market a week from Friday, maybe it will buy me majority share in a brokerage house! ;)

Well, it's the last day of the month, which means 401K money gets invested in the market for me. Which means we'll have a one-day upturn so I buy higher, and then down it will go again... :)

My next buy target is about 1.5% below Monday's close, so I was close to adding about 3% to equities but didn't quite make it. Looks like I'll have to wait for the next big disappointment. I only have one more 3% to add after this and then I'll have to just wait or borrow.

Back
Top Bottom