Midshipmen at USAFA

JDARNELL

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Tomorrow is the Air Force Navy game in Colorado. It seems this week the exchange cadets from Navy surfaced in the cadet area. Hey is that Nords on the tower?

Tomcat98

Midshipmenat USAFA.jpg

Hey is that Nords on the tower?
"I'm sorry, the board's submarine veterans are not at liberty to discuss these operations..."

Well, OK, maybe a little. Subsequent imagery analysis has revealed that these guys have even acquired a set of submarine coveralls (note the stylish long-sleeve thermal protection with the buttoned cuffs) including midshipman insignia and sewn-on nametags. I'm sure Naval Reactors and BUPERS are being made aware of their desires for service selection.

FWIW the Navy-Air Force game at that rarified altitude has always been considered more of a challenge than kicking around a mule at sea level...

We went this afternoon to watch the Boxing matches between the Midshipmen and the Cadets. The place was standing room only. I was really impressed with how these guys went toe to toe for up to 4 rounds. There were a couple of TKOs. Since this was CORONA week there were several 4-stars around. One at the boxing match was the wing open champ back in the late 60s when he was a cadet. He made sure that each boxer got their picture taken with him after their match. All in all it looked like everyone was having a good time. It will be interesting to see what they pull at the game tomorrow. I would be really impressed if they could surface that sub at the 50 yard line.

Tomcat98

At that age, I never had any trouble raising mine -- at any altitude.

For get surfacing. At that altitude I'm betting the Middies will be struggling to just raise their periscopes.
I bet you're just glad you were looking down at those antennae when the clouds cleared... instead of up at them...

Back
Top Bottom