tax advantage?

Keyboard Ninja

Recycles dryer sheets
What are the terms I should use when trying to learn about tax advanatged funds? I've tried tax advantaged, tax cost ratio, and I haven't really found much other than this:

The best indicator of a tax-efficient fund is one that has been tax-efficient in the past, says Jim Peterson, vice president at Charles Schwab, the discount brokerage. Morningstar's tax-cost ratio is one measure of that. Lower is better. A ratio of 1 means that the fund gave up an average of 1 percentage point to taxes over time. You can find a fund's tax-cost ratio at Morningstar – Investment Research.

USATODAY.com - Tax-managed, tax-efficient funds can reduce IRS' bite

I'm just doing random internet searches until my books come in (been waiting 5 weeks now :(). I keep reading threads about how some funds are better in a ROTH IRA than a traditional IRA, but I can't find the reasons why other than the people making the posts already know one way or the other.

I've thought about moving my FFFFX from a Roth to a traditional IRA to save on taxes, but I doubt it would do me any good. Even then how do I go about finding the tax information to make a better informed decision? By the way USPS sucks sometimes :(

Back
Top Bottom