Procter and Gamble

bbbamI

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Just got a call from my finance guy about P&G. He said they were going to spin off the Folgers Div. Once that is done, Folgers will be under the Smuckers name.

P&G is offering $1.14 for every $1.00 owned by its stockholders to sell their shares in P&G and have it rolled over to Folgers which will end up being Smuckers.

I asked why this was happening. He said he believed P&G wanted a cash infusion. It's an all or none exchange. I don't think I want to do this. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Just got a call from my finance guy about P&G. He said they were going to spin off the Folgers Div. Once that is done, Folgers will be under the Smuckers name.

P&G is offering $1.14 for every $1.00 owned by its stockholders to sell their shares in P&G and have it rolled over to Folgers which will end up being Smuckers.

I asked why this was happening. He said he believed P&G wanted a cash infusion. It's an all or none exchange. I don't think I want to do this. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Yep - :confused:? - scratching my head also - I own a bunch of Smuckers. I'd like to see an explanation from that side of the deal.

heh heh heh - I've had SJM so long I forgot why I own it. :cool:.

risk...I posted a link to the story, saw yours and deleted mine. :)

I sent the link to my finance guy about being able to sell some shares. I asked him if that had changed.

The plot thickens...if/when I figure this out, I'll let you know!

SJM cats(aka me) get $5 a share and Folger's to make 'profitable' after blessing P&G with 350 mil?

heh heh heh - I think I understand the $5 part. :D.

Back
Top Bottom