Stimulus Notice

jazz4cash

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I am shocked to be recieving a notice annoucing that we'll recieve a Stimulus Check on or about 10/24. I recall when others posted about receiving these notices and we never got one, I went to the IRS site and it said we were not entitled. I figured it was no big deal and I forgot about it. Is anybody else just now recieving a stimulus check?

Do you and your spouse have different last names? The IRS recently announced that some couples, whose husbands and wives have 2 different last names, should have qualified for a stimulus check but didn't receive it because of a glitch....

Do you and your spouse have different last names? The IRS recently announced that some couples, whose husbands and wives have 2 different last names, should have qualified for a stimulus check but didn't receive it because of a glitch....
The IRS would not send a check to people whose tax return names and SSNs did not match what was on file at the SSA. It was causing recently married people, who had not notified the SSA of a name change, to not get their stimulus checks. But the IRS made an announcement last week that they had sorted out most of the name changes and were going to be sending checks to a number of people who had previously been rejected for this reason.

Well that must be it. Our last names are the same, but we always had problems coordinating between IRS and SSA. When spouse applied for replacement SSA card, they forced her to use FOUR names (First, Middle, Maiden-Married) and no longer matched IRS data. Thanks

Edit to Add:
We've been married about a hundred years (well, it seems that long) but spouse
never notified Soc Sec of her married name. This was no big deal except for electronic filing and SSA did not send her account statement automatically, and I guess the stimulus check glitch.

Are you sure the notice didn't come from Nigeria? :)

I dunno....it says it's from Kansas City, but I'm not too familiar with the the Postal modalites, so it could be from anywhere!

Back
Top Bottom