Vanguard MM funds participate in Treasury Guarantee Program

Gone4Good

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
They announced this a week ago (ancient history, I know, but I didn't see it until know and couldn't find any other threads mentioning it).

I have to admit to feeling a little bit unjustifiably annoyed. I moved a bunch of money out of the NJ MM fund, precisely because I had WAYYY too much NJ exposure and because they said they weren't going to participate in the insurance plan. I ditched the MM fund after they made that announcement mostly because I figured everyone else was going to stampede to the exit. Which appears to be the case, given Vanguard's reversal.

On the one hand, I did the right thing by reducing concentrated credit risk in my portfolio. On the other hand, I'm a little miffed at missing out on the extra "moral hazard" returns provided by the guarantee. :rant:

I find it interesting that the yield on their prime money market fund has shot up to 2.7% from 2-2.2% since they signed up for the guarantee program. I wonder if they feel like they can take more risk now that the gummint is guarantying deposits...

Back
Top Bottom