Good news

MichaelB

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
Bloomberg.com: Science

Nov. 19 (Bloomberg) -- A daily puff of a compound like marijuana, the plant blamed for ruining potheads' recall, might help maintain memory in old age, researchers who tried it on rats reported today at a neuroscience meeting.
So, it's wine and pot to ward off traditional old-age ailments and stay sharp and healthy. Well, if science says so, who am I to disagree.

Michael

I'm familiar with wine, but never smoked pot. That would get you fired.

So I'm halfway there.

What was that Woody Allen movie where he woke up after being in hibernation for years and everything that previously was bad is now good?

What was that Woody Allen movie where he woke up after being in hibernation for years and everything that previously was bad is now good?

"Sleeper"

Sleeper (1973) - Memorable quotes

Dr. Melik: This morning for breakfast he requested something called "wheat germ, organic honey and tiger's milk."
Dr. Aragon: [chuckling] Oh, yes. Those are the charmed substances that some years ago were thought to contain life-preserving properties.
Dr. Melik: You mean there was no deep fat? No steak or cream pies or... hot fudge?
Dr. Aragon: Those were thought to be unhealthy... precisely the opposite of what we now know to be true.
Dr. Melik: Incredible.

If second hand pot is half as effective, I should be good to go, well into old age. The frugal way to better health.

To-do list, today's item #7: spend a few minutes at that bench where nearby lurkers don't seem to realize I can smell it and inhale. Which way is the wind blowing today? Ahhh.

from the article...

"Heavy Marijuana Use Hurts
The U.S. National Institute on Drug Abuse says heavy marijuana smoking damages short-term recall and hastens age- related destruction of neurons in the brain's hippocampus responsible for memory, according to the agency's Web site."

define heavy...:cool:

What if you smoke light marijuana?

Back
Top Bottom