Early Retirement & Financial Independence Community

Early Retirement & Financial Independence Community (http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/)
-   Forum Admin (http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f32/)
-   -   Changes (http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f32/changes-40802.html)

Rich_by_the_Bay 11-23-2008 04:34 PM

Changes

This weekend I announced to Andy, Martha and Janet and the mods my intention to step down from my moderator and administrator duties here on the old cyber-ranch. Between work, travel, family and all the rest, I just couldnít count on being a very conscientious contributor. So in fairness to all, I decided to revert to member mode.

But not so fast: Iíll be hanging out here in the member area with a new found license to spew off-color jokes, biting sarcasm, and otherwise wreak all kinds of havoc which I was not able to do as a moderator. Well, maybe not...

Anyway, ainít goiní no where, just reporting the change in status for those few who care to follow such matters.

bbbamI 11-23-2008 04:40 PM

Tell you what Rich...you sure were a classy moderator. Thank you for that. :)

Now...let's get to those off-color jokes....>:D

Notmuchlonger 11-23-2008 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbbamI (Post 751998)
Tell you what Rich...you sure were a classy moderator. Thank you for that. :)

Now...let's get to those off color-jokes....>:D

So a fuchsia colored guy and polka dotted color guy walked into the bar..

Thanks RichinTampa for the good work

Khan 11-23-2008 04:54 PM

I do like your avatar.

Walt34 11-23-2008 05:05 PM

Thanks for what you have done.

Glad to hear you're sticking around though.

Janet H 11-23-2008 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich_in_Tampa (Post 751994)
But not so fast: Iíll be hanging out here in the member area with a new found license to spew off-color jokes, biting sarcasm, and otherwise wreak all kinds of havoc which I was not able to do as a moderator. Well, maybe not...

OK - but stay away from the soap box. It is a strange and sometimes dangerous place ;D

Congratulations on your new found freedom and thanks for your time and immense patience as a moderator. We are a better community because of your efforts. Digging out my black arm band now....

73ss454 11-23-2008 06:21 PM

Hey Rich, great job, thank you.

Darryl 11-23-2008 07:49 PM

Thank You Rich and I will keep the kids away from the computer until I can verify just how out of hand your future comments will be.

Notmuchlonger 11-23-2008 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darryl (Post 752081)
Thank You Rich and I will keep the kids away from the computer until I can verify just how out of hand your future comments will be.

Ya need to watch those former moderators. Probably all kinds of things pent up inside ;D:angel:

Rich_by_the_Bay 11-23-2008 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Notmuchlonger (Post 752083)
Ya need to watch those former moderators. Probably all kinds of things pent up inside ;D:angel:

If you only knew.... ;D

Goonie 11-23-2008 07:57 PM

Rich, thanks for a job well done!

Enjoy your new found freedom to spew forth! ;)

Bestwifeever 11-23-2008 08:01 PM

Hail to the unmoderator Rich_in_Tampa and farewell and many thanks to the moderator RIT!

Nords 11-23-2008 08:12 PM

Whew-- congratulations on some type of retirement!

I was afraid this announcement was going to be another version of "just one more year"...

Gotadimple 11-23-2008 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nords (Post 752096)
Whew-- congratulations on some type of retirement!

I was afraid this announcement was going to be another version of "just one more year"...

I thought he was saving that for tomorrow!

Rich_by_the_Bay 11-23-2008 08:26 PM

Thanks to everyone for your best wishes.

Except Nords. Did you see that proposal to cut military pensions by 10% this year and 15% the next? Something about people using it to take permanent Hawaiian vacations rather than it's intended purpose (MREs)?

Actually though, I think you'll be OK -- it only applies to the nuclear submariners or something weird like that.

But thanks for the congrats anyway ;).

Achiever51 11-23-2008 09:44 PM

Thanks for staying around, RiT. I always enjoy your comments...and learn all kinds of medical stuff from your posts, although I never rely on it for any medical purpose whatsoever!

Goonie 11-23-2008 10:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Achiever51 (Post 752154)
...and learn all kinds of medical stuff from your posts, although I never rely on it for any medical purpose whatsoever!

Me either...I only rely on medical advice given by my family witch-doctor. ;D

Alan 11-24-2008 09:58 AM

Rich, glad to hear that you are sticking around. I love the Health in Retirement forum that you are so active in.

PS - I think all the mods have a difficult task and do a great job.

freebird5825 11-24-2008 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich_in_Tampa (Post 751994)
This weekend I announced to Andy, Martha and Janet and the mods my intention to step down from my moderator and administrator duties here on the old cyber-ranch. Between work, travel, family and all the rest, I just couldn’t count on being a very conscientious contributor. So in fairness to all, I decided to revert to member mode.

But not so fast: I’ll be hanging out here in the member area with a new found license to spew off-color jokes, biting sarcasm, and otherwise wreak all kinds of havoc which I was not able to do as a moderator. Well, maybe not...

Anyway, ain’t goin’ no where, just reporting the change in status for those few who care to follow such matters.

thanks for all your hard work. ;D
off color jokes, sarcasm, havoc...oh man...come on in. the water's fine. :coolsmiley: