Dumpster Diving Mom

tangomonster

Full time employment: Posting here.
I don't have children, so I admittedly may not truly understand all the pressures of raising them. But check out this article about the mother who went into a dumpster to retrieve her kid's science project:

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/pri...6/project.html

I see several things that strike me as very wrong (and it's not the janitor's accidentally throwing out the science project.

FWIW, this happened in one of the most upscale neighborhoods in Atlanta.

The kid got full credit for the missing project because the school felt sorry for him having a psycho mom!

What BestWife said is one thing (the school just giving a passing grade to the kid, who has a history of being unmotivated. How did they know the project was adequate?).

Other stuff:

The mom brought the project in.
When I was a kid, I proudly carried my projects to school. Why didn't the kid carry it? If it was too heavy or large (but it was contained in a shoebox), why wasn't the kid carrying it with the help of the mom? It sounds like the kid wasn't even interested enough to take it with him to school.

The mom admits to gluing the pedestal/base on.
Hello? Why can't the kid glue it himself?

It sounds like it was just one of those pendulum things---just bought for $25. Not much of a project.

The mom admits the kid doesn't care about anything about video games.
Isn't that more of a concern than the project being thrown away?

Aren't parents supposed to role model appropriate behavior for their kids?
And not become verbally/physically abusive and out of control when something goes wrong, especially when it was an honest mistake?

I don't have children, so I admittedly may not truly understand all the pressures of raising them. But check out this article about the mother who went into a dumpster to retrieve her kid's science project:
Drama queen laying the ground for her appearance on Oprah...

We don't hear the kid's side in this situation, but it appears that he's trained her well!

Back
Top Bottom