Mighty old marijuana stash~2700 years old!!

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
I doubt that anyone here has any interest in this hemp story, but here it is anyway.:cool:

Researchers say they have located the world's oldest stash of marijuana, in a tomb in a remote part of China.
The cache of cannabis is about 2,700 years old and was clearly “cultivated for psychoactive purposes,” rather than as fibre for clothing or as food, says a research paper in the Journal of Experimental Botany.
The 789 grams of dried cannabis was buried alongside a light-haired, blue-eyed Caucasian man, likely a shaman of the Gushi culture, near Turpan in northwestern China.
globeandmail.com: Researchers find oldest-ever stash of marijuana

Scientists also tried to germinate 100 of the seeds found in the cache, without success.

I bet they did! :D

Do you suppose the dead guy was killed in a drug deal gone bad?

Darn you think you're taking your secrets to the grave and 2700 years later you get busted by some dude digging up your remains! But Unclemick's theory seems to be confirmed: you can't take it with you!;)

Guess it explains why there aren't surviving blond, blue eyed causian hippies of ancient descent in China today...too stoned to defend themselves and too stoned to care. :)

I thought this was going to be about the Cheech and Chong reunion.

Researchers also could not determine whether the cannabis was smoked or ingested, as there were no pipes or other clues in the tomb of the shaman, who was about 45 years old.

I bet there was a plate somewhere nearby, but the brownies all got eaten at the wake.

Seems like they did all kinds of tests on this stuff they found except the test that really matters,The smoke test:duh:

Jump rope rhyme:

Marijuana
Marijuana
LSD
LSD

College kids are making it
High school kids are taking it

Why can't we
Why can't we?

Back
Top Bottom