Great list of dividend stocks!

Zathras

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I found this on CNBC's site today (ok, boo hiss, I know).
Highest Dividend Yields of the Dow - CNBC By The Numbers - CNBC.com

There are some companies in there I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole, but there are a number of strong companies in there that may prove great long term buys. Growth of the income from many of these will be pretty flat short term, but should do nicely as an income stream in the immediate future, with good growth potential in the long term (imo).

I found this on CNBC's site today (ok, boo hiss, I know).
Highest Dividend Yields of the Dow - CNBC By The Numbers - CNBC.com

There are some companies in there I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole, but there are a number of strong companies in there that may prove great long term buys. Growth of the income from many of these will be pretty flat short term, but should do nicely as an income stream in the immediate future, with good growth potential in the long term (imo).

I haven't gone through the whole list but Citi's dividend has been cut to a penny a quarter, so it's yield is actually 0.6%, not 10%.

Very true, the list is of current, not future payments. But I would stay clear of any financials.
I was surprised at how many non-financials had such high dividends. The big question is which ones are the most stable.

I think the remarkable thing is that on average that the Dow is yielding 4.8%. Frankly it is now a no brainer to get a 4% SWR. 30K in each of the Dow 30, 100K in cash you got roughly $46,000 in income. While income growth will likely be minimal in 2009 so well inflation and when inflation does return the Dow 30 have historically increased dividends faster than inflation.

As an added bonus if GM stock doesn't go to zero (which I predict) it will likely go back up to $40 if survives becomes profitable and resume dividend payments. Lots of ifs but conceivable.

Clifp's comment about Dow yields above 4% reminded me of this article:

Stocks vs. bonds

"For the first time since 1958, the dividend yield on the Standard & Poor's 500 index [3.3%] has risen above the interest rate on the 10-year Treasury note [2.7%]."

Looks like the Norwegian Widow could become the hottest date on Wall Street. heh, heh, heh... :)

Attachments

• 50 year.gif
    50 year.gif
    11.5 KB · Views: 66
Clifp's comment about Dow yields above 4% reminded me of this article:

Stocks vs. bonds

"For the first time since 1958, the dividend yield on the Standard & Poor's 500 index [3.3%] has risen above the interest rate on the 10-year Treasury note [2.7%]."

Looks like the Norwegian Widow could become the hottest date on Wall Street. heh, heh, heh... :)

:rolleyes: :D

heh heh heh - ;) pssst - oh you know who. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom