Freebird is Snoopy dancing!!!!

freebird5825

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
i went for my annual mammo and my very first "because i turned 50" bone density scan today.
i passed both with flying colors.
i feeeeeeeeeeellllll good...da da da da da da da :D

i also discovered it will take a LOT of ice cream to get the daily recommended 1200 mg of Ca for men and women over 50.
Ice Cream, low fat, 1/2 Cup = 92 mg Calcium
rounding up to make the math easier...
1200 mg/day...1 cup=200 mg => 6 cups of ice cream per day
i am SO there:2funny:

Naughty and Nice list...who has been good and who has...ahem...blown off their annual checkups or screening tests ?
No Fibbing...:cool:

I have to fess up that I blew off my welcome to your fifties colonoscopy for awhile but I finally went . The prep was pretty rugged but the test was nothing . I did not even study and I passed .

Silly gal. Just take your calcium supplement tablet and stop dancing! ;)

I need to ask my wife (52) about her taking the bone density scan. She has made no mention of that.

I too thought I could easily substitute ice cream or frozen yogurt for the calcium pills.

Til my hips told me otherwise.

But it was fun, when I tried!

Colonoscopy: good thing one doesn't have to do that frequently.

-- Rita

Had my first ever in depth physical 3 years ago at 44. First one was fine. Then things started falling apart:eek:...have one every year now.

R

Guilty! My doc wanted me to have the 35 year old baseline mammo, and well, here I am at nearly 38 and still haven't done it. I'm so happy that the rest of you are doing a good job on your health screening.
Congrats and good job! :)

i went for my annual mammo and my very first "because i turned 50" bone density scan today.
i passed both with flying colors.
i feeeeeeeeeeellllll good...da da da da da da da :D

i also discovered it will take a LOT of ice cream to get the daily recommended 1200 mg of Ca for men and women over 50.
Ice Cream, low fat, 1/2 Cup = 92 mg Calcium
rounding up to make the math easier...
1200 mg/day...1 cup=200 mg => 6 cups of ice cream per day
i am SO there:2funny:

Naughty and Nice list...who has been good and who has...ahem...blown off their annual checkups or screening tests ?
No Fibbing...:cool:

That is so funny. Congrats on getting the screening like a good girl, and also having such good results.

DW had a bbone density scan in 2004 when she was 49, and was on the edge of having osteopenia (sp?). However, rather than go on the drugs the Doc suggested she upped her calcium intake with more milk products and started lifting weights to strengthen the bones. She is 54 now and this year had her 3rd bone density scan and is now in range. Her bone density is the same as 5 years ago but is normal for a 54 yr old.

I get an annual physical through work and earlier this year had a colonoscopy - unfortunately the Doc found 1 polyp and wants me back in 3 years :duh:

Everything was great - had a treadmill stress test this year which was excellent - told to do this again in 3 years but I don't feel I really need to.

I had a bone density a few years ago and was put on Fosamax but I always forgot to take it . When I went for my next bone density my scan had improved so much I did not need the medication which I rarely took.

If you do very extreme weight lifting your bones benefit. I was in the 107percent group at 50 because my DH and I were building stone walls in the back yard. You can also eat a lot of ice cream if you work out a lot.:D

I'd guess that the mammogram would be extra painful if you are Snoopy dancing.

Back
Top Bottom