E-R Board History

haha

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I was searching for something a bit earlier and got to reading some old threads. I think I know why this board gets huge traffic, while may others that cover the same topics get little.

Many posters are hilarious, and good humored too. The ball just flies around from one to another, and no one wants to mess up the game. It is really kind of amazing, since that is not how things usually settle out.

Good work guys! :)

Ha

This forum can be very entertaining at times. The one-liners some members post are the best as they usually come from thread hijacking.

For instance; right now, my nose is stopped up, I feel fluffy from a slight fever and my eyesight is blurry. I couldn't smell bacon if my life depended on it! :D....:p

Yes, a very good group of people.

Whaaaa! Whaaaa!

I miss my webtv.

Not.

heh heh heh - Back from UPS she called to tell grand daughter packages are coming - it's snowing in New Orleans. :cool:

One more thing - we haven't had a rousing discussion of dryer sheets, concave vs convex bonds, kurtoskewness, and or a few things I don't remember in ages.

Mortgages, bacon, pancakes on head and walking barefoot on gravel uphill both ways - yes.

But I'm sure there things that must be inventoried for posterity.

Or not.

heh heh heh - :cool:

We got a light dusting of some sort of frozen white powder-like substance Tuesday night. Not sure what it was but it disappeared a couple of hours after the sun came up. Weird.

alternatively, is said popularity shown in number of passive "views" nothing but morbid curiosity arising out of early retirement's mystery & inherent worrisomeness? and is the high rate of active participation shown in "replies" indicative of insecurities manefesting itself as proselytism which we pass off as socializing?

alternatively, is said popularity shown in number of passive "views" nothing but morbid curiosity arrising out of early retirement's mystery & inherent worrisomeness? and is the high rate of active participation shown in "replies" indicative of insecurities manefesting itself as proselytism which we pass off as socializing?

Not to mention frequent visits to online dictionary sites to try to decipher what the heck some people are saying...

UncleMick, there is snow all over the place. I just scraped 2+ inches off my windshield, and the ground and trees are white. It really came down hard this morning, and New Orleans looked like a Christmas card.

I want to go out and see it, play in it, photograph it! But we haven't been excused from work. :mad:

It is supposed to get warmer this afternoon, and melt it off the streets at least. But then, yesterday it was in the 50's and it wasn't supposed to snow at all today, so who's gonna believe that prediction? Not me. From nola.com:

large_12snow103.jpg

I was searching for something a bit earlier and got to reading some old threads. I think I know why this board gets huge traffic, while may others that cover the same topics get little.

Many posters are hilarious, and good humored too. The ball just flies around from one to another, and no one wants to mess up the game. It is really kind of amazing, since that is not how things usually settle out.

Good work guys! :)

Ha

You are never going to get that curmudgeon certificate with talk like this!

alternatively, is said popularity shown in number of passive "views" nothing but morbid curiosity arising out of early retirement's mystery & inherent worrisomeness? and is the high rate of active participation shown in "replies" indicative of insecurities manefesting itself as proselytism which we pass off as socializing?

You HAD to go all antidisestablishmentarianism on us didn't you......:D Of course, my favorite is:

pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis -

You HAD to go all antidisestablishmentarianism on us didn't you......:D Of course, my favorite is:

pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis -
And then there's "floccinaucinihilipilification," which I can even use correctly in a sentence:

"Today's market action continues the floccinaucinihilipilification of my retirement portfolio."

You HAD to go all antidisestablishmentarianism on us didn't you

oh, i'm pretty sure you know me better than to think i'd champion state churches. quite the contrary, i am for separation of church and state, more popularly known as antiantidisestablishmentarianism or the secret order of the antisquared.

besides, your sentence should read --tarianist on us, not --tarianism on us. so there!

Well FDude, I did recognize the word "volcano" in your lengthy word....:)...otherwise, I've got nothin'.

pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis was never recognized as a real word. ironically, it was concocted by a puzzler, yet it won't fit a scrabble board.

... pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis was never recognized as a real word. ironically, it was concocted by a puzzler, yet it won't fit a scrabble board.

I see an entrepreneurial opportunity! A big boy Scrabble set with extended board to match. :D

That was supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

(Poppins, Mary, 1962 ish)

I see an entrepreneurial opportunity! A big boy Scrabble set with extended board to match. :D

Back in the 90's, there was a big charity scrabble tournament in the city where I worked. All the executives, bankers, lawyers and accountants in the city participated on company teams. For the competition, each team got a full set of scrabble tiles and could place them however they liked. Judges would then count up the total points. Each year, my team of lawyers spent several weeks in advance thinking up 15-letter words so that we could get three triples for each. I once figured out four 15-letter words to take up every space around the perimeter of the board. After we won four years in a row, however, they changed the rules.

I see an entrepreneurial opportunity! A big boy Scrabble set with extended board to match.

Janet, they already have that! (Good idea, though, obviously.) :)
Amazon.com: Super Scrabble: Toys & Games

You'll find 200 wooden letter tiles, comprising a unique letter distribution, that permits you to make words not possible in regular gameplay (without using the blanks). The Super Scrabble gameboard has nearly twice the amount of spaces of a standard board (441 spaces compared to 225). The added room allows your words to spread further and faster than ever before. To the familiar double and triple letter and word scoring spaces are added all new quadruple letter and word scoring spaces, tempting you to reach for bigger and bigger bonuses.

I actually watched world championship scrabble on ESPN. Amazing stuff! People come up with such words and so fast.

Back
Top Bottom