1949 Kaiser

cantlogin

Full time employment: Posting here.
I’m not sure if this will end up as a thread about used cars, photography, failed automakers or investments in classics but I need some help. There is a word or some words on the fender of the car in this photo. I can’t quite make out what it is. Does anyone know what it says?

Attachments

• Pic2.jpg
    Pic2.jpg
    427.9 KB · Views: 10
So far, I've got "CarolMoonCrest,"

Attachments

• CarWords.jpg
    CarWords.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 4
CarolleurCrest?

I did a little poking around. On some sites, the 49 kaiser had the COLOR they named the car as a badge, same place as your pic. If you can find out the colors that were available in 49 you might have an answer.........

I found the info. The colors of the 49 Kaiser were put in chrome badging on the front fender. The color of your car is "Carribean Coral" which was a color that was offered in 1949.

So, the writing says "Carribean Coral".........:)

I found the info. The colors of the 49 Kaiser were put in chrome badging on the front fender. The color of your car is "Carribean Coral" which was a color that was offered in 1949.

So, the writing says "Carribean Coral".........:)

I suspected something like that but I couldn't find the list of colors. You're the greatest. This forum seems to allways come through for answers to any sort of question.

Thanks!

I suspected something like that but I couldn't find the list of colors. You're the greatest. This forum seems to allways come through for answers to any sort of question.

Thanks!

So now you gotta tell us why you are figuring this out!

Anyone else think it's strange to have a special nameplate for the color of the car?

No.. it wasn't that long ago that cars were made-to-order and you could choose from among many more colors and interior combos than today. I hope they go back to that, as the same old 90% silver/red/black/white choices are boring!

No.. it wasn't that long ago that cars were made-to-order and you could choose from among many more colors and interior combos than today. I hope they go back to that, as the same old 90% silver/red/black/white choices are boring!

I thought the lime green "The Thing" cars that VW made in the 70's were pretty sharp.

Yesterday I saw a 71 VW camper in lime green with a white top,only 60,000 miles. I should have bought it..........:D

So now you gotta tell us why you are figuring this out!

I could tell you but then I’d have to kill myself. Wait…that’s not how that goes, is it? :confused:

Truthfully, I got this assignment from a friend who knows that since I’m retired I don’t have anything else to do all day except surf the internet. He needed the information for some w**k related project and since I’m not interested in that subject I didn’t ask why.

Thanks for this thread. Way back when I was a little kid, that is how cars looked. But I only saw black ones. How's the saying go, "you can have it in any color you want as long as you want black."

Back
Top Bottom