doing it for less then 401k

boostah

Confused about dryer sheets
There is a lot of advice out there for this FIRE thing whatever that is and portfolios and stuff. If all thats confusing the heck out of you and you just wanna stop wotking and chill out, just to let you know it can be done for example if you go to a cheaper asian country you can save on a lot like i did and it only took me about half that at 200k british pounds ofcourse theres certain limitations and sacrifices i guess but depends on your situation, but if your young free and single, its very do able.

For get fire and percentages and portfolios all you need to know is your income per week and will it satisfy your needs with emergency money and savings included. its really very simple dont make things more complicated then they are.

For get fire and percentages and portfolios all you need to know is your income per week and will it satisfy your needs with emergency money and savings included. its really very simple dont make things more complicated then they are.
Yep. Those fat trust funds and winning lottery tickets will do the job just as as well as decades of slaving, saving and investing...

Trog.jpg

Wag.jpg

IQ.jpg

There is a lot of advice out there for this FIRE thing whatever that is and portfolios and stuff. If all thats confusing the heck out of you and you just wanna stop wotking and chill out, just to let you know it can be done for example if you go to a cheaper asian country you can save on a lot like i did...
But I don't want to learn a new language.
My brain is working too slow lately.

Lawrence: Well what about you now? What would you do if you had a million dollars? ...

Peter Gibbons: Nothing.

Lawrence: Nothing, huh?

Peter Gibbons: I'd relax, I would sit on my ass all day, I would do nothing.

Lawrence: Well you don't need a million dollars to do nothing, man. Just take a look at my cousin, he's broke, don't do sh!t.

That 22 year old selling her cherry wants a lot more than 401K.

You do know 401K doesn't mean $401,000, don't you?

That's mean. :)

Seriously, isn't boostah retired in the Philippines and dating a college chick? On those two fronts, he definitely has me beat. Why the sudden outburst about portfolio management and asset allocation?

Heck, if my rental income after management fees can support my lifestyle in some tropical place where the weather is nice, the drinks are cheap, and women are loose but tight, I"d be there right now.

That's mean. :)

Seriously, isn't boostah retired in the Philippines and dating a college chick? On those two fronts, he definitely has me beat. Why the sudden outburst about portfolio management and asset allocation?

Heck, if my rental income after management fees can support my lifestyle in some tropical place where the weather is nice, the drinks are cheap, and women are loose but tight, I"d be there right now.

I'm sorry if that sounded mean--did not mean to be! Per his previous 2006 posts, Boostah is 30 this year and originally from the UK, so it is likely that the 401K nickname for our personal retirement accounts is something he is not familiar with.

I did actually think 401k meant gettin to 401k pounds/dollars/euros whatever...lol ah well so sue me, nobodys perfect :p I might give it an aul google later :D

I presumed maybe it was called that but not everyone made it to the full monty and just took what they got, would be a nice retirement package though especially if it was tax free. Im from the emerald Isle originally.

Glad i got a few of yes chattin in me thread anyway, are most of ye retired? Hope to get out to some of the islands out here again soon. maybe i should do a blog.

If you're from the UK, why don't you speak english? Seriously, you sound like you're auditioning for a stage production of Trainspotting. Maybe ya should do some learnin'.

Randyman, that's a bit harsh don't you think? We Yanks shouldn't be rude towards how others speak lest we turn this board into a grammatical free for all...

He just dosnt understand dryer sheets yet, he will have to visit Ireland which is what the emerald isle is (not uk) :D Sure tis nare unusual for yee yankey doodles to confustigate our native tongue, top o da mornin to ya randy ;)

Back
Top Bottom