When is it not appropriate to order a martini?

bank5

Recycles dryer sheets
My wife got tickets through her work to a charity dinner tonight. There's going to be a cocktail hour and if there's vermouth I'll probably order a martini. I tried a sip of one last week and for the first time in my life I thought it tasted pretty good.

If I'm socializing with her hire ups, I'll probably hold off because it might look bad ordering a stiff drink and I don't want to get too lose. Are there any other reasons why I shouldn't order one? Is it ok to get one even if they don't have martini glasses?

Are there any other reasons why I shouldn't order one?

Because you can no longer pronounce the words without slurring?
Because the waiter can't hear you from your position on the floor?
Because you're trying to order from her boss' wife?

Just some thoughts ;)

My wife got tickets through her work to a charity dinner tonight. There's going to be a cocktail hour and if there's vermouth I'll probably order a martini. I tried a sip of one last week and for the first time in my life I thought it tasted pretty good.

If I'm socializing with her hire ups, I'll probably hold off because it might look bad ordering a stiff drink and I don't want to get too lose. Are there any other reasons why I shouldn't order one? Is it ok to get one even if they don't have martini glasses?

Sure! Just ask for it in a coffee cup. That way her hire-ups will think you are having a cup of joe.

Ha

Because you can no longer pronounce the words without slurring?
Because the waiter can't hear you from your position on the floor?
Because you're trying to order from her boss' wife?

Just some thoughts ;)

:LOL::ROFLMAO:

I think I will do one and done.

Sure! Just ask for it in a coffee cup. That way her hire-ups will think you are having a cup of joe.

Ha

I could bring some black food coloring but how do I explain the olives? :)

Sorry I'm late to this party, tell us how it want, Bank5.

Reminds me of a holiday lunch where a co-worker casually mentioned that his previous assistant had died. I hadn’t heard and almost fell off my chair, “what happened.” --”alcohol-related cirrhosis.” At the other end of the table a secy. was sending her fruit-flavored martini back. She complained for what seemed like hours that that martini wasn’t right.

There should be no problem in ordering a martini as long as you keep a low profile about it! Hic!

I once had a section manager give me crap for drinking an O'Dhoul's at lunch. I turned the label toward him and pointed. I hope he wasn't near sighted. Yet another reason to retire early.

His and hers for this gig

Attachments

• buy_costumes-19123-t.jpg
    buy_costumes-19123-t.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 153
  • resize.jpg
    resize.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 153
or just show up with this bad boy and say hit me

Attachments

• martini.jpg
    martini.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 154
...I'll probably hold off because it might look bad ordering a stiff drink and I don't want to get too lose. Are there any other reasons why I shouldn't order one? Is it ok to get one even if they don't have martini glasses?
I would recommend saving the Martian adventure for at home. I never drank them myself, but I've been around folks who did the "amateur with a martini" thing.
Hoooo boy, talk about cheap entertainment. :LOL:

The beer belly is pretty funny, too. I just like the idea of your boobs deflating, the more you drink.

But as long as your partner is consuming drinks at equal rate. He won't notice your boobs deflating and you'll be getting prettier.

But as long as your partner is consuming drinks at equal rate. He won't notice your boobs deflating and you'll be getting prettier.

But if a womans boobs are deflating you shouldnt notice because you should be looking her in the eyes. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom