DOW 1000 - A dire prediction

Very bearish, indeed! But I am encouraged since his reasoning is basically
I sort of extended Kondratieff's economic cycle into something far bigger than he had ever intended.

When asked why there was a rally after the tech bust back in 2000, Gordon's response is
Because [then Fed chairman Alan] Greenspan wouldn't let it. He brought interest rates down to 1 per cent [by 2004] and flooded the banking system with money.

In this statement he recognizes that what happens depends on future actions, choices, and events that we cannot predict that the may alter the future course of the economy. Very true, and this pretty much invalidates this degree of bearishness, it seems to me. :cool:

Last edited:
Oh goody...another doom and gloom article to start my day.....

It had been a little while, I was wondering when another of these would pop up.

He seems to have a conclusion beforehand then using that find patterns in the noise of economic cycles and dates to support it.

Hmm...

I wonder if it is time for me to change my name to NW-Buybuybuy-Bound.

Someone has to say it, how will you know when to change it again to NW-sellsellsell-I'mThere?

When he has a $10 million portfolio and is living in a $3 million dollar house on Bainbridge Island with a big triple pane window looking out on the Space Needle.

Ha

From the article:

"I quickly discovered that it was very easy to recognize exactly where you were in the cycle."

And then he says:

"Soon after, the little fairies who live in my head started telling me which stocks were sure things."

I didn't have to read much more.

When he has a $10 million portfolio and is living in a $3 million dollar house on Bainbridge Island with a big triple pane window looking out on the Space Needle.

Ha
"Triple pane window" speaks volumes. Ha! Ha! ;)

----
I wonder if that "Night With the Bears" event(!) would have sold out in the summer of '07, significantly to be held in Toronto in the the spring?

Last edited:
He holds degrees in political science (York University) and journalism (Carleton) and has studied both French and Japanese.

I am not impressed.

Also,
When I started to write about this in '98, I knew exactly that we were in the autumn bull market [which always follows], and I knew that, given the massive increase in stock prices up to that point in time, we were much closer to the end than the beginning.

So why is he still working? He should have shorted the market.

This is the bad thing about the internet. Anyone can write drivel.

Ha

Maybe he was the buyer of the house that just sold on South Beach:confused: No view of the Space Needle (I think) but on the Sound with a great view of Mt. Rainier. No need for triple pane windows, not that cold.

Someone has to say it, how will you know when to change it again to NW-sellsellsell-I'mThere?

I do not know when yet, only that "now" is not the time.;)

Ha

Nah, my goal is more modest than that.;) And by the way you are all ahead of me as I had to search the Web to see that triple pane windows actually exist.:D

Maybe he was the buyer of the house that just sold on South Beach:confused: No view of the Space Needle (I think) but on the Sound with a great view of Mt. Rainier. No need for triple pane windows, not that cold.

Now you made me curious. Address of said house please?

And it is true that it is not that cold in Seattle compared to my place up in the AZ boonies, where record lows of -26degF have been recorded. Double panes are all I have too.:D

No view of the Space Needle (I think) but on the Sound with a great view of Mt. Rainier.

Then, he should be able to snap pictures like this one that just got sent to me, of the so called "lenticular clouds" over Mt. Rainier.

img_805329_0_fc0acd1f996b9d9ade548aa38b531a02.jpg

RE Tax $50K. Wow! I would need the Dow to go A LOT higher than its past record of 14,000.

Like Dow 100,000.

Then, he should be able to snap pictures like this one that just got sent to me, of the so called "lenticular clouds" over Mt. Rainier.

img_805597_0_fc0acd1f996b9d9ade548aa38b531a02.jpg

This is the exact backdrop on my computer, really great picture.

As far as what this guy says, people should google Gerald Celente. Guy has hit every downturn right on the nose. What he has to say is very sobering, and a big reason I got out at 14k.

My initial response was to laugh, but then again, that was my initial response to that 'Dow 8000' thread we had a while back...

Back
Top Bottom