USAA 2 Year CD @ 3.25%

ziggy29

Moderator Emeritus
I just got an e-mail from USAA which is offering its banking customers a two-year CD at a rate of 3.25%, which is one of the better rates I've seen for this maturity recently. This is not listed on their web site and you need to either get the e-mail (and click the link attached) or call (800) 531-8132 and mention "CEO CD" to get the deal. Minimum is $1000 and the e-mail says the deal is good through May 31, 2009.

No connection other than as a satisfied customer. Some of you who do business with them looking for a two-year parking place may want to consider this.

[edit to add: this offer seems to be limited to those who can qualify for their insurance products.]

Last edited:
Thanks for the info and the link! I have been researching where to stash a few bucks I have languishing in a MMA; not ready to jump back into the market, but this looks pretty good.

Thanks for the info and the link! I have been researching where to stash a few bucks I have languishing in a MMA; not ready to jump back into the market, but this looks pretty good.

I wouldn't jump into the market, how about dipping a couple toes in? :LOL:

I wouldn't jump into the market, how about dipping a couple toes in? :LOL:

Remember, I was born without a volume control, just an unreliable on-off switch...

Actually, I front-loaded my 401K contributions into the market this year to max out in the first quarter- thought it might make sense to load up while prices are down. Don't want to dispose of my disposable cash quite so readily, though...

thanks for the info - just set mine up today - the tax free MM wasn't making that good of a return!

I wouldn't pay a lot of attention to Bankrate.com as I hear that various financial institutions pay bankrate to post their rates. Look around locally for better rates. Within the last few months I parked a lot of funds in CD's at 4.5%. That is for 5 years. 48 months= 4.25%, 39 months=4.0%, 24 months=2.85%. I was moving funds from a number of institutions so I got that bank to give me a letter guaranteeing me that rate for a specific length of time.

Back
Top Bottom