Anybody else get kicked out of the club?

clifp

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
What club you may ask?

"I lost a million dollars in the market club", of course.

I got close to losing membership at the end of March, but April brought me comfortable out of the club. I have never been so happy to be dumped in my life :D

What club you may ask?

I got close to losing membership at the end of March, but April brought me comfortable out of the club. I have never been so happy to be dumped in my life :D

Things are looking up, but alas I am still a member of the club, if we are talking unrealized losses. Never was a member of the million plus realized losses club.

R

I wish. I plan on retiring in 2 more years and will have a little over a half-mil......that plus a small pension will do it for me at 54.

I was never in that club either (thank goodness!), but I share your joy in the market's partial recovery during the past two months! :D

Finally, it seems like we are making some progress. Let's hope that this year is not one to demonstrate the advisability of "Sell in May and go away".

I was close for awhile, but I figure there is still a chance.

You guys must not be very good at hedging your portfolios! I was almost $800,000 away from joining this awful sounding club. ;)

What club you may ask?

Don't stress; they may take you back before too long. :)

Ha

What club you may ask?

Never had a million to lose, but 18 months ago I was a member of the "half million in investments" club. That membership was revoked last September.

Got over halfway there and decided that it was a membership I could pass on! Turned around and started to run as fast as I could to get away!

Maybe, depends on time frames. If you use the market high of Oct. 07, I'm out of the club. If you use my personal high of June 08, I'm still paying dues.

What club you may ask?
I was a member of the "trying to hang on to a million dollars club". I hung on but barely....things are looking up now....:flowers:

You must have a really good portfolio amount to be able to lose $1M. OTOH, if we were to add the value of our home into the equation, I suppose some might have gotten closer than they think.

So since this question has never been asked...

Should you include your home value in your net worth?

:)

Back
Top Bottom