CNBC's Untold Wealth

BunsGettingFirm

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I was flipping through the channels and stopped because a relatively young woman worth $10 million was talking about how lucky she felt she had a bit of money put a way for retirement and a house paid for after she talked to some really rich people. Here's intro to the video:

Video - CNBC.com

The full show is not yet available on CNBC.com.

Where's the part about the rich young lady? My son is waiting, charming and willing.

What's Untold Wealth?

I suspect many on the board have $5M+, DW and I did a year ago. If you met us, you would think we were no different than our middle-class neighbours, who have good incomes but, I suspect, next to no savings. Actually, when we finally decide to spend a bit (because we could), DS let it slip that his friend's parents thought we must be going into serious debt. They assumed our debt free lifestyle was the same as their debt-fueled one.

Where's the part about the rich young lady? My son is waiting, charming and willing.

What's Untold Wealth?

I suspect many on the board have $5M+, DW and I did a year ago. If you met us, you would think we were no different than our middle-class neighbours, who have good incomes but, I suspect, next to no savings. Actually, when we finally decide to spend a bit (because we could), DS let it slip that his friend's parents thought we must be going into serious debt. They assumed our debt free lifestyle was the same as their debt-fueled one.

Really you only suspect 5m+? Hmm maybe I better rethink whats goin on here.

This series ran a couple of months ago. It was intresting and the young lady has her head on straight. Sold her company and banked the bucks, splurged a bit and then realized she can not stop working yet. She did buy a modest apartment in Manhattan before the RE tumble, looked at her balances and went back to work.

The shrink/psychologist also was intresting. Law and Order has already done an episode on a similar shrink character. Hopefully this one just counsels the new middle class millionaires without the murder scenes! He gets them thinking about how much do you need and what philantrophy is all about.

I think the series is worth watching. It gets you thinking if you tend to be an over-achiever in financial areas.

Back
Top Bottom