Give me your tired, your poor used car

freebird5825

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I have been getting some interesting junk mail lately...several local dealerships are begging me to bring in my used Jeep GC and get a phenomenal trade-in or trade-up to a new shiny 2009 version.
Here's some of the nonsense, I mean offers:
- Up to $10,000 off select new 2009 models, no $$$ down (huh?)
- I can try to make a 10 foot putt for $2000 off if I do a test drive (little do they know I am an eagle eye with a putter :LOL:)
- All trade-ins welcome, paid for or not, top dollar paid due to used car demands :whistle:
- yadda yadda yadda

My 92 Honda is very insulted :( that no offers were sent for her.
And my 2005 midlife crisis car is laughing :ROFLMAO: at the very thought of being traded in.

Is anyone else getting this kind of pitch for their used cars?

Yes, the Toyota dealership is begging for my Solara . I considered it seriously and it hurt my car's feelings so much the driver side window stopped working keeping me from my secret pleasure of Checker's hot dogs .

Emma Lazarus wants your cars...

My cars feel dissed! What are they, chopped liver? No unsolicited siren songs. I am getting e-mail and snail mail offers from every car dealer I have ever had contact with to come in and see the new models. Get a great deal on the new model! Even some that I have never had contact with. Recently the Aston-Martin dealer invited me to RSVP for a cocktail party to bring a friend and ogle the new models. Don't know how they got my name. Wouldn't set foot in the place.

We get these constantly. My DW has a 2002 Mercedes 320 station wagon we bought from MILs estate. We get one of those trade in offers about every other week. The only thing I know for sure is that whenever we do trade or sell it, we won't be getting another Mercedes! :LOL:

Have you seen the ads that get to net price by using "you money"
Price of car
less rebates
less your money e.g. 3K
Equals final price!!!

The last car I bought from an actual dealer was a used 1988 Yugo. I think we're finally off their mailing list, and all the other dealers seem to have given up trying to change our minds...

I havent got any offers for my cars, but I got a letter from the Chrysler CEO explaining the "new" Chrysler and that I should use the enclosed $1,000 voucher for a new car.

I havent got any offers for my cars, but I got a letter from the Chrysler CEO explaining the "new" Chrysler and that I should use the enclosed $1,000 voucher for a new car.

Was the letter written in Eye-talian?

We get those offers all the time. Gee, who could resist an offer for $6,000 off the wholly fictitious MSRP?

The pickup and car we have are running just fine, thank you. We have somehow managed to survive the last 50+ years without heated seats, onboard navigation system, keyless entry, and so on.

The car I learned to drive on had a manual choke, manual transmission, no A/C, no power steering or power brakes, cranks to operate the windows, no radio, and I thought it was luxurious because it beat the hell out of walking or pedaling a bicycle.

Back
Top Bottom