Should prostitution be legal?

• Yes is should be legal

Votes: 83 74.8%
  • No it should be illegal

Votes: 19 17.1%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 9 8.1%

• Total voters
Well, I think I'm prostituting myself every day just to keep food on the table and health insurance for my sick wife.

I hate my job but but I don't really have much of a choice.:greetings10:

Very well said. Split some woman's wood and she is pretty likely to look upon some beddy-bye with you more favorably. If not, no more wood. :)

And really, why not? The guys likes this role, it saves the woman from doing onerous or dangerous work, it is a relatively low bs arrangement, and if she doesn't like him a at least a little she can always get someone else to split wood for her.

Ha

It saves time to not have to pretend to build 'a relationship' and profess to be 'in love'.

Playing Devil's advocate here, but Mexico/Central & South America are also a Catholic countries. If you look at the listing of sex offenders sought by the FBI today, you will see the vast majority of offenders are of Hispanic descent in the U.S. So, is there a connection between a repressive religious upbringing and the later incidence of sexual violence? I wonder....and certainly welcome opinions on this subject.
Martha, wouldn't legalization bring brothels where the ladies are checked by medical professionals on a regular basis a la Holland?
Personally, I'd like to second HaHa's comments. I voted yes. Makes sense to me.

Good observation. I would disagree as to the cause; I think it has more to do with the acceptance in Hispanic culture of young girls with grown men. The same is true for many, if not most of the developing world. However, Hispanics are the largest immigrant group and hence the reason for your observation. Some of the men may not be aware that it's illegal to be with an underage girl in this country. So while the offenders may be classified as sex offenders, there may be two consenting individuals with the blessing of the girl's mother and/or father. Often, the boyfriends/partner of these young girls help provide support for the young girl and her family. I know it's not always a male/female encounter but for the most part it is.

That said, prostitutes are more likely to enjoy what they do than other individuals. There is freedom and flexibility. And prostitutes have the potential to make a lot of money. A vote against prostitution is a vote against the woman-owned business.

Appropriate regulation of the sex industry would greatly minimize the small

I hardly think so; sounds like a really tough job to me. If a woman had several clients a day, I could see this been very boring, mind numbing and may be painful. I can see how a man would think it's a fun job though.

A man asks a woman "Would you have sex with me for one million dollars?" After thinking about it for a while, the woman says "sure". The man then asks "Would you have sex with me for $50?". The woman gets upset and shouts "What kind of woman do you think I am?" The man replies, "We've already established that, now we're just haggling over price."

Leonidas and I know it when we see it.
If we're going to have to depend on anecdotal evidence then I'd rather go with the legal & law-enforcement communities than with the romantic "Pretty Woman" and "whore with a heart of gold" sentiments...

If politicians are not being thrown in jails, I don't see why prostitutes should.

Awesome!! :D

Prostitution comes (no pun intended) in many forms.........:cool::whistle:
I totally agree with Khan. How many times have we seen women marry or live-in for money, social status, military benefits, to serve as a baby vessel, etc etc ?
All that is missing is the pimp, fishnet stockings and miniskirt and the streetcorner. :nonono:

I totally agree with Khan. How many times have we seen women marry or live-in for money, social status, military benefits, to serve as a baby vessel, etc etc ?
All that is missing is the pimp, fishnet stockings and miniskirt and the streetcorner. :nonono:

I'm like jack Nicholson in Five Easy Pieces- Give me the wife with fishnet stockings and miniskirt--hold the pimp and streetcorner.

Ha

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom